Which phone is most robust for Bluetooth+GPRS?

Last response: in Brands
a b D Laptop
May 25, 2004 12:48:10 AM

I'm travelling to France for a month and I'll need connectivity for my
laptop while on the road. The laptop has builtin bluetooth. I need
to buy two phones, one for me and one for my wife. We will probably
be buying prepaid SIM cards if we can get a good deal on the data
quota. We don't care about any options except for:

1. phone power and sensitivity
2. bluetooth compatibility
3. GPRS throughput

Any recommendations?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 25, 2004 4:42:17 PM

I've been using the 6310 and 6310i for the past two years. The issues are
not the phone or coverage but the setup.

Getting to someone who understands what you're talking about, especially if
you're not fluent, can be a challenge. Access point, IP address, username,
password, homepage, etc. etc. can be daunting. I'll be glad to email you my
Excel sheet of settings, just email me after removing the obvious munge.

I used both Orange FR and SFR. SFR is more user-friendly IMHO.

Good luck, Andy

"David Wuertele" <dave-gnus@bfnet.com> wrote in message
> I'm travelling to France for a month and I'll need connectivity for my
> laptop while on the road. The laptop has builtin bluetooth. I need
> to buy two phones, one for me and one for my wife. We will probably
> be buying prepaid SIM cards if we can get a good deal on the data
> quota. We don't care about any options except for:
>
> 1. phone power and sensitivity
> 2. bluetooth compatibility
> 3. GPRS throughput
>
> Any recommendations?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 26, 2004 3:50:03 AM

On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:48:10 -0700, David Wuertele wrote:

> I'm travelling to France for a month and I'll need connectivity for my
> laptop while on the road. The laptop has builtin bluetooth. I need
> to buy two phones, one for me and one for my wife. We will probably
> be buying prepaid SIM cards if we can get a good deal on the data
> quota. We don't care about any options except for:
>
> 1. phone power and sensitivity
> 2. bluetooth compatibility
> 3. GPRS throughput
>
> Any recommendations?

6310i the only choice.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Related resources
May 26, 2004 4:39:57 AM

I vouch for the Nokia 6310i (software version >= 5.0). I use it all
the time and it is very stable for GPRS and BT. However, I don't know
about France, is GPRS available for pay as you go?

<dave-gnus@bfnet.com> wrote:

>I'm travelling to France for a month and I'll need connectivity for my
>laptop while on the road. The laptop has builtin bluetooth. I need
>to buy two phones, one for me and one for my wife. We will probably
>be buying prepaid SIM cards if we can get a good deal on the data
>quota. We don't care about any options except for:
>
>1. phone power and sensitivity
>2. bluetooth compatibility
>3. GPRS throughput
>
>Any recommendations?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 26, 2004 4:45:49 PM

It was not a year ago, don't know now...

"Dan" <dontmailthis@attbi.net> wrote in message
> I vouch for the Nokia 6310i (software version >= 5.0). I use it all
> the time and it is very stable for GPRS and BT. However, I don't know
> about France, is GPRS available for pay as you go?
>
> On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:48:10 -0700, David Wuertele
> <dave-gnus@bfnet.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm travelling to France for a month and I'll need connectivity for my
> >laptop while on the road. The laptop has builtin bluetooth. I need
> >to buy two phones, one for me and one for my wife. We will probably
> >be buying prepaid SIM cards if we can get a good deal on the data
> >quota. We don't care about any options except for:
> >
> >1. phone power and sensitivity
> >2. bluetooth compatibility
> >3. GPRS throughput
> >
> >Any recommendations?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 27, 2004 10:30:32 PM

On Wed, 26 May 2004 00:39:57 GMT, Dan <dontmailthis@attbi.net> wrote:

>I vouch for the Nokia 6310i (software version >= 5.0). I use it all
>the time and it is very stable for GPRS and BT. However, I don't know
>about France, is GPRS available for pay as you go?
>
>On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:48:10 -0700, David Wuertele
><dave-gnus@bfnet.com> wrote:

make that software version 5.5 or later for proper bluetooth operation
with non socket devices.

Alan
Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 13, 2004 8:20:26 PM

I find the nokia 6600 great for bluetooth and gprs!

Need Nokia Games, Software, Files FREE!

Join the untimate nokia community today: http://www.inetmag.co.uk/forums/
!