23.6in, 24in, 23.6in Eyefinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revfarquhar

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Hello,
I'm looking to set up Eyefinite but I've noticed that 23.6in monitors are ~$30 cheaper than comparable 24in monitors. If all 3 monitors are 1080p and 16x9 will I notice a difference in practical usage? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Your computer doesn't care what size your monitors are, just the resolution. The only differences are that it will be a little trickier to get set up just right and things moving between monitors might make a minor vertical jump.

Chances are your 24" monitor isn't exactly 24" anyway. Assuming there's about a quarter inch difference between the 23.6" and 24" screens, and you center the screens perfectly, there will be a 1/8" shift as objects move between the two screen sizes, at most.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Your computer doesn't care what size your monitors are, just the resolution. The only differences are that it will be a little trickier to get set up just right and things moving between monitors might make a minor vertical jump.

Chances are your 24" monitor isn't exactly 24" anyway. Assuming there's about a quarter inch difference between the 23.6" and 24" screens, and you center the screens perfectly, there will be a 1/8" shift as objects move between the two screen sizes, at most.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.