muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
hi guys..

i wanted to know the minimum price of a gaming board (probably asus or any other mobo that u know off) that supports 1155 socket (i5-2500 @ 3.33 GHz)...
Decided to ask u guys as it would be more helpful to me to Google it..

any response will be highly acknowledged...

regards..
m.b.m

There will be some other factors involved to know what the bord is going to have in it , like the video card and ram. The i5-2500 isn't an unlocked cpu so you won't be able to ocerclock it and you would need the i5-2500K for overclocking. That is another factor in selecting a gaming MB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131786

In a motherboard selection there are no MB's that say this one's for gaming and this one's not so I would say that the z-68 chipset is the closest MB type for gaming and while you have selected a Sandy Bridge cpu you might want to consider an Ivy Bridge cpu because it will give you more Pci-e lanes in case you want to add a second video card and want it to be in a slot that is more than a x4. There are Sandy Bridge cpu motherboards that will have two Pci-e slots at x8 but they are more expensive.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
There's no such thing as a gaming motherboard, unless you're talking about boards which support SLI/Crossfire configurations (which even mid range boards do these days).

The difference in motherboards is almost entirely in the following areas:

1. Quality of power regulation (helps overclocking)
2. Number of USB/SATA ports (lets it handle more devices)
3. Number of PCIe slots (lets it handle more video cards)
4. Chipset used (determines which features the board supports)
5. Quality of capacitors (improves lifespan of the board)
6. Quality of heatsinks (improves overclocking and lifespan)

Plenty of boards offer features on top of that, but they're just frills. Pick the board that has the features you want. If you want the ROG features, buy a board that has ROG. If you want lots of SATA ports, buy a board with lots of SATA ports.

There are no hard and fast rules on which board you should buy for what purpose. Everybody's needs are different.