Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a good video card for $120

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 20, 2012 6:14:56 PM

Hi guys,

I am ready to upgrade to a new video card as for the one I have now is going bad. The video card that I currently have is the MSI R4770 CYCLONE Radeon HD 4770. It was a great card, but after 3 years of using this card it is overheating and it looks like it is going bad. So, I've been out of the video card game for over 3 years and I wanted to know a good card that is fast for a 24" monitor 1920x1080 full high definition.

I am ready to try an NVIDIA card or one that is in my $100-120 budget range. Looking for something that was last year 2011 top of the line card within my budget range and not the latest and greatest.

I am planning to play games like DC UNIVERSE ONLINE, Call of Duty, etc. all high settings. One that is quiet and it does not overheat like the one I currently have. One that will run smooth and fast with nice graphics.

This is the one I currently have

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

as it was referred to me by one of the members here on the forum 3 years ago which I was very satisfied with it.

My mobo supports sli

My DESKTOP PC specs:

CPU: AMD 955 BE 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB G. SKILLS DDR3
HDD: 250GB 5400RPM
MOBO: ASUS M4N98TD EVO WITH SLI READY
POWER SUPPLY: 650w CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

It can be an ATI or Nvidia

More about : good video card 120

a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2012 6:44:09 PM

^Get the XFX

Also bro the 7770 is a nice budget card. If you can find one, a GTX 460 will run well to. But the 6850 will be your best bet
m
l
March 20, 2012 8:01:53 PM

thx bigmack70 and Rockdpm. That XFX bigmack70 posted is so far looking like a winner after I do my research on that card. I'll check into the 7770 and the GTX 460. I'll keep you guys posted after I made my final purchase.

If anyone else has other suggestions withing that budget range, plz feel free to share.

Thank you.

Kind regard,

OP
m
l
Related resources
April 6, 2012 4:32:07 PM

the XfX one seems to give a lot of problems to users as I did my research online, many are having blue screen of death and that stutters, freezes, etc.

As for the HIS one, many are complaning about the fans making loud noise and that they gone bad after couple of months and that HIS support is very bad.

Anyone else has other video cards that you have tried yourself that can recommend?

I was getting ready to buy the XFX, but that's what I am experiencing now, the blue screen death.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
April 6, 2012 4:34:27 PM

That's inaccurate users reviews. Don't trust them. Only people with bad experiences tend to post there, and countless who had good experiences didn't. The card has good warranty by XFX, and you can RMA it if you don't like it. I'd say go for it.
m
l
April 7, 2012 5:30:22 PM

Okay Thanks...Dangit, it went up =/
m
l
!