NHL 06 When?

Anyone knows when NHL 06 for the XBox is coming out?

Thanks,
Lee

lfriedlander schrieb:

> Anyone knows when NHL 06 for the XBox is coming out?
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

*Shudders* Hopefully never, but, unfortunately, EA will very likely
release their atrocity in September. They usually do just before the
season starts. I am sure easports.com has a release date posted by now.
Sadly, EA's game will very likely once again be bitch slapped by Sega's

Actually, I read on some website that it may be release next week, but
I got easports.com blocked at work, so cannot confirm. :)

"cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
> lfriedlander schrieb:
>
> > Anyone knows when NHL 06 for the XBox is coming out?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Lee
>
> *Shudders* Hopefully never, but, unfortunately, EA will very likely
> release their atrocity in September. They usually do just before the
> season starts. I am sure easports.com has a release date posted by now.
> Sadly, EA's game will very likely once again be bitch slapped by Sega's

And what makes that even more sad is Sega's 2K series is just an ok game.
Hopefully "someone" will put out a really good game of hockey on one of the
new consoles!

Boody Bandit wrote:
> And what makes that even more sad is Sega's 2K series is just an ok game.
> Hopefully "someone" will put out a really good game of hockey on one of the
> new consoles!

I do enjoy ESPN NHL 2k5 a lot. It's not as good as it could be in terms
of player positioning and passing, but with 10 minute games I get
fairly realistic scores (a little high on the shoots on goal on my
part, but hey, I shoot a lot). EA's game is a hit-fest, it's silly. In
2k5 you can set up pretty nice plays and protect and puck and players
like Datsyuk or Forseberg are actually able to hog the puck instead of
being leveled into the ground all the time. I am not touching EA's
hockey game until a chorus of reviews from mags and users prompt me to.

And I used to love the EA hockey series! I played all games from the
original NHL hockey in 94 up to NHL 2004. Sega's game has edged it all
the time for the past 3 years.

lfriedlander wrote:
> Anyone knows when NHL 06 for the XBox is coming out?
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

NHL 06
Pre-Order: Ships on 9/13/2005
from ebgames.com

"cjw" <cwinter@gmail.com> wrote in message

> *Shudders* Hopefully never, but, unfortunately, EA will very likely
> release their atrocity in September. They usually do just before the
> season starts. I am sure easports.com has a release date posted by now.
> Sadly, EA's game will very likely once again be bitch slapped by Sega's

I liked NHL2K5 and thought it was generally better than EA's NHL 2005, but
found that it became increasingly difficult to score in NHL2K5 as I played
more games. It was necessary for me to delete my profile from my Xbox hard
drive and start over with a new profile before I could score again (it
eventually got to the point where I could not score at all). After creating
a new profile, all was good again. I hope this "feature" does not appear in
NHL2K6.