THERMAL PASTE and CPU COOLER

Please help me to choose, I'm still deciding what cpu cooler and thermal paste is the best for my Phenom ii x4 965 BE.
I have 2 choices for the cpu cooler, CM hyper 212 EVO and Noctua NH-C12 SE14 ( Noctua C12 SE14 is on SALE same price of 212 evo right now) but I don't know if Noctua NHc12 SE14 is better than 212 EVO, when it comes to regular price the Noctua is x2 in price vs 212 thats why I'm looking forward to Noctua and taking advantage of the price drop promo.


4 choices for the thermal compound (anyway please enlighten me if I do really need to buy a thermal compound or just stick to stock paste of the 212 EVO and Noctua SE14)

Arctic Silver 5
Prolimatech PK-1
Tuniq TX-2
Tuniq TX-4


Thank you! and have a nice day!.
5 answers Last reply
More about thermal paste cooler
  1. The noctua is better.

    Use the paste that comes with the EVO or noctua!
  2. febfive said:
    Please help me to choose, I'm still deciding what cpu cooler and thermal paste is the best for my Phenom ii x4 965 BE.
    I have 2 choices for the cpu cooler, CM hyper 212 EVO and Noctua NH-C12 SE14 ( Noctua C12 SE14 is on SALE same price of 212 evo right now) but I don't know if Noctua NHc12 SE14 is better than 212 EVO, when it comes to regular price the Noctua is x2 in price vs 212 thats why I'm looking forward to Noctua and taking advantage of the price drop promo.


    4 choices for the thermal compound (anyway please enlighten me if I do really need to buy a thermal compound or just stick to stock paste of the 212 EVO and Noctua SE14)

    Arctic Silver 5
    Prolimatech PK-1
    Tuniq TX-2
    Tuniq TX-4


    Thank you! and have a nice day!.



    Where is the discount if you don't mind telling? Seems a terrific deal!
  3. amuffin said:
    The noctua is better.

    Use the paste that comes with the EVO or noctua!

    Agreed
  4. tomhrxbfg2 said:
    Where is the discount if you don't mind telling? Seems a terrific deal!


    Computer shop here in the Philippines celebrating their 3rd Anniversary (3rd Anniversary Sale).
  5. ah, i figured ...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Thermal Compound Evo