Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building my first gaming PC - $1100

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 21, 2012 7:32:41 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: This week.. hopefully

Budget Range: 1000-1200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: high end gaming

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country: US

Parts Preferences: N/A

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: looking for suggestions

all prices from newegg.com
MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard -$139.99
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core -$219.99
RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)-$47.99
GPU: MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16-$399.9
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $109.99
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE $69.99
HEATSINK: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler -$34.99
CASE: NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case -$59.99

More about : building gaming 1100

May 21, 2012 7:54:13 PM

hesher said:
Approximate Purchase Date: This week.. hopefully

Budget Range: 1000-1200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: high end gaming

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country: US

Parts Preferences: N/A

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: looking for suggestions

all prices from newegg.com
MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard -$139.99
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core -$219.99
RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)-$47.99
GPU: MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16-$399.9
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $109.99
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE $69.99
HEATSINK: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler -$34.99
CASE: NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case -$59.99


This is just an idea but if you wanted, you could upgrade the psu to 650 W or so and get 2 7850's and xfire them instead of one 670.
May 21, 2012 8:14:28 PM

hesher said:
Approximate Purchase Date: This week.. hopefully

Budget Range: 1000-1200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: high end gaming

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country: US

Parts Preferences: N/A

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: looking for suggestions

all prices from newegg.com
MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard -$139.99
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core -$219.99
RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)-$47.99
GPU: MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16-$399.9
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $109.99
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE $69.99
HEATSINK: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler -$34.99
CASE: NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case -$59.99


750w psu if you want to push two of those 670's later on.

http://www.amazon.com/PC-Power-Cooling-Performance-comp... $93.49 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... $369.98 save: $10.00
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $44.99 FREE SHIPPING
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 996995

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-AD-7280S-0B-Internal-Drive-B... $17.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25
Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)
Related resources
May 21, 2012 8:47:34 PM

Why_Me said:
750w psu if you want to push two of those 670's later on.

http://www.amazon.com/PC-Power-Cooling-Performance-comp... $93.49 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... $369.98 save: $10.00
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $44.99 FREE SHIPPING
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 996995

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-AD-7280S-0B-Internal-Drive-B... $17.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25
Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)
+1 it's a better build imo ;) 
May 21, 2012 8:50:45 PM

Thanks for the quick responses! i'm looking at the suggestions now
May 21, 2012 10:27:15 PM

as far as gaming and multitasking go should i be leaning towards the sandybridge/ivybridge or amd?
May 21, 2012 10:32:39 PM

hesher said:
as far as gaming and multitasking go should i be leaning towards the sandybridge/ivybridge or amd?
you should go with ivybridge unless you plan on overclocking high to than sandybrige amd is a lost cause and junk.Despite what some people will tell you, I would not go with an AMD. AMD used to be nice because it was considered a cheaper alternative to Intel that would still get you pretty decent performance. That's not really the case anymore though, because their newest processors aren't much of an improvement over their last generation of processors. They're best 8-core cpu barely keeps up with the Intel i5 2500K, and it's more expensive.
May 21, 2012 10:45:28 PM

Here is something for you to see FX 8150 gets walked over, trampled, and bulldozed into it's grave compared to the rest of those options. http://www.anandtech.com/show/5626/ivy-bridge-preview-c... Nothing like the most power hungry processor being one of the slowest tested either lol.Go with ivy or sandy you be glad you did mate.
May 21, 2012 11:36:25 PM

haha i JUST looked at that, funny you posted it. thanks for the info though, im going with a nice combo "why me" found for $370:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

+

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000
May 22, 2012 12:14:03 AM

hesher said:
haha i JUST looked at that, funny you posted it. thanks for the info though, im going with a nice combo "why me" found for $370:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

+

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000
good choice! :D 
May 22, 2012 12:26:37 AM

looks like this may complete my build. i've been researching reviews and prices for awhile now and i'm fairly confident in this build. what do you think!?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $369.99 for both

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 399.99

RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 49.99

HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

HeatSink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO

CD/DVD: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD Burner

PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready

Case: NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower

Best solution

May 22, 2012 12:33:06 AM
Share

hesher said:
looks like this may complete my build. i've been researching reviews and prices for awhile now and i'm fairly confident in this build. what do you think!?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $369.99 for both

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 399.99

RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 49.99

HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

HeatSink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO

CD/DVD: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD Burner

PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready

Case: NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower
Looks like a beast to me :lol:  good job. ;) 
May 22, 2012 12:35:19 AM

Best answer selected by hesher.
!