Battery Life Problem

January 4, 2005 10:45:01 PM

I have recently rebuilt my Dell Latitude C600. Before rebuilding my computer
my 2 smart batteries lasted over 2 hours each. After installing XP
Professional Operating System and Office 2003, the battery life has been
reduced to less than 5 minutes.

I do not think that it is a problem with my hardware, as it would be very
unlikely that both batteries would die at the same time. Only one of them
was in my computer while I was rebuilding it. I have seen an issue for XP
regarding Short Battery Life on Your Pentium III-M Tualatin Processor
Computer, but I have installed SP2 so this should not be an issue even if I
do have the hardware defined here.

Any help or guidance in how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

More about : battery life problem

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 1:43:39 AM

Battery Question wrote:
> I have recently rebuilt my Dell Latitude C600. Before rebuilding my
> computer my 2 smart batteries lasted over 2 hours each. After
> installing XP Professional Operating System and Office 2003, the
> battery life has been reduced to less than 5 minutes.
>
> I do not think that it is a problem with my hardware, as it would be
> very unlikely that both batteries would die at the same time. Only
> one of them was in my computer while I was rebuilding it. I have
> seen an issue for XP regarding Short Battery Life on Your Pentium
> III-M Tualatin Processor Computer, but I have installed SP2 so this
> should not be an issue even if I do have the hardware defined here.
>
> Any help or guidance in how to fix this issue would be greatly
> appreciated.

Make sure you are right..
Boot with a DOS boot diskette from www.bootdisk.com (or CD) and see how long
it works in DOS.