Battery Life Problem

I have recently rebuilt my Dell Latitude C600. Before rebuilding my computer
my 2 smart batteries lasted over 2 hours each. After installing XP
Professional Operating System and Office 2003, the battery life has been
reduced to less than 5 minutes.

I do not think that it is a problem with my hardware, as it would be very
unlikely that both batteries would die at the same time. Only one of them
was in my computer while I was rebuilding it. I have seen an issue for XP
regarding Short Battery Life on Your Pentium III-M Tualatin Processor
Computer, but I have installed SP2 so this should not be an issue even if I
do have the hardware defined here.

Any help or guidance in how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about battery life problem

    Battery Question wrote:
    > I have recently rebuilt my Dell Latitude C600. Before rebuilding my
    > computer my 2 smart batteries lasted over 2 hours each. After
    > installing XP Professional Operating System and Office 2003, the
    > battery life has been reduced to less than 5 minutes.
    >
    > I do not think that it is a problem with my hardware, as it would be
    > very unlikely that both batteries would die at the same time. Only
    > one of them was in my computer while I was rebuilding it. I have
    > seen an issue for XP regarding Short Battery Life on Your Pentium
    > III-M Tualatin Processor Computer, but I have installed SP2 so this
    > should not be an issue even if I do have the hardware defined here.
    >
    > Any help or guidance in how to fix this issue would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    Make sure you are right..
    Boot with a DOS boot diskette from www.bootdisk.com (or CD) and see how long
    it works in DOS.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Configuration Battery Computers Windows XP