Sign in with
Your question

CPU and motherboard

Last response: in CPUs
September 11, 2012 2:05:27 PM

Hey everyone ... I know only a small bit about computer and pc components , I am going to build me a pc to use it for games ... Internet browsing and other apps ... I've done some reasearch on the motherboard and saw the H77M-LE , I want to know if this is a good motherboard or should I save some money and go for a H67 motherboard . I also want to know about the Intel i5 processors , ehat is the difference between the i52320 and 2500 and is it worth the money to go for the 2500 , and please tell me the difference between the motherboards when it says H77V-Pro or Z777SL , what does the letters after the numbers meen???

More about : cpu motherboard

September 11, 2012 2:50:24 PM

OK first of all if you are going to be doing serious gaming you need to think about your graphics card too. The built in iGPU on the processor will not cut it.

I presume your are referring to the Asus P8H77-M LE, if so then note that this board only supports one graphics card. Not that that is a problem but just making you aware..

H77 vs H67 ... essentially you miss out on PCI-e v3.0 and USB 3.0. However you will need an Ivy bridge CPU to take advantage of those. The 2320 and 2500 are Sandy bridge.

The H77 board does not allow for 'proper' overclocking. So there is only marginal benefit in putting a K series CPU in eg 2500K, 3570K etc.

Model numbers like H77V-Pro or Z777SL do not have fully fixed meanings. H77, P67, Z77, Z68 generally refer to the chipset. But thinks like 'LE' or 'Pro' are just different specifications on the motherboard. It could be better power phasing or simply a better onboard audio element. You really have to compare features to figure it out.
m
l
September 18, 2012 6:41:53 AM

noise said:
OK first of all if you are going to be doing serious gaming you need to think about your graphics card too. The built in iGPU on the processor will not cut it.

I presume your are referring to the Asus P8H77-M LE, if so then note that this board only supports one graphics card. Not that that is a problem but just making you aware..

H77 vs H67 ... essentially you miss out on PCI-e v3.0 and USB 3.0. However you will need an Ivy bridge CPU to take advantage of those. The 2320 and 2500 are Sandy bridge.

The H77 board does not allow for 'proper' overclocking. So there is only marginal benefit in putting a K series CPU in eg 2500K, 3570K etc.

Model numbers like H77V-Pro or Z777SL do not have fully fixed meanings. H77, P67, Z77, Z68 generally refer to the chipset. But thinks like 'LE' or 'Pro' are just different specifications on the motherboard. It could be better power phasing or simply a better onboard audio element. You really have to compare features to figure it out.

OkaY , is saw this Asus P8Z77-V LX board and I am going to get a i5 3570K motherboard ... It supports HDMI but i want to know if my pc case have to have HDMI port or can I install it ??? •
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 128 V Motherboard
September 18, 2012 8:26:20 AM

sharksfanX said:
OkaY , is saw this Asus P8Z77-V LX board and I am going to get a i5 3570K motherboard ... It supports HDMI but i want to know if my pc case have to have HDMI port or can I install it ??? •

That's a good choice of motherboard and CPU. Ypu'll be able to overclock, and you'll have PCI 3 and USB 3. The motherboard has an HDMI port on it, so you don't need to have any other graphics port.
m
l
!