Should I get a new Radeon HD 6850?

Or should I replace my fan? Because I want to play my games but as long as my fan is on the fritz I can't do that!

I have a Diamond HD 6850 and it ran well on the stock 300w psu fine but then it started to not work properly after a couple of months and now my fan won't startup so I have to physically spin it up and even then it won't spin at the proper speeds I set. So I got a new 750w psu as I thought it was power problem and that wasn't it either....

SO I'm left with 2 choices A) Replace the fan and hope that's all it was or B) get a new card altogether....

I need a little help so I hope you guys can help! Thanks in advance!
7 answers Last reply
More about should radeon 6850
  1. this card still under warranty then ask rma for bad fan not working also did you use the 6 pins power on the card
  2. yea i used the 6 pin
  3. rma is the last option for this card
  4. Dandyslayer13 said:
    yea i used the 6 pin

find a heatsink that fits....there is NO REASON to rma it unless its cheaper then a new heatsink...
  5. what was the warranty of this card
  6. toepickles said:
    find a heatsink that fits....there is NO REASON to rma it unless its cheaper then a new heatsink...

Any recommendations?

I'm a total noob so any and all help would be appreciated!!
  7. Dandyslayer13 said:
    Any recommendations?

I'm a total noob so any and all help would be appreciated!!

Hey! sorry for the late reply! and yes this is the one you want trust me http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118050 good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Fan HD Graphics Product