Normal temps for each core for i5

rar49

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
When I check the temps of my i5 there is one core that is running about 20 degrees hotter that the rest!

core1 77f. core2 100f. core3 73f. core4 76f. at idle. I know that all are in range but why? Do I need to reset the CPU cooler? I

have the Thermaltake WATER2.0 Performer. Any Ideas. :??:

Solution
I have seen some processors that have a core that will run as much as 10c hotter then the others. Most of the time one of them is about 5c hotter. It has to do the with the heat form the core next to it bleeding over to it. So core 1 which is on the edge will be one of the cooler along with core 4. Core 2 or 3 is generally one the hottest due to being between the others.
I have seen some processors that have a core that will run as much as 10c hotter then the others. Most of the time one of them is about 5c hotter. It has to do the with the heat form the core next to it bleeding over to it. So core 1 which is on the edge will be one of the cooler along with core 4. Core 2 or 3 is generally one the hottest due to being between the others.

Solution

jay_nar2012

Distinguished

I thought they were like in a square pattern (the cores) not in a line if you get what i mean.

kristjan_i

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
In case of Core 2 Quads it's square pattern( 2 cores on 2 dies.. basically a square),the later quad cores have a single row of cores sharing the same L3 cache.

EX: My quad's first two core temps are usally identical, 3'rd is about 5degrees lower and 4th is 2-3degrees lower than third core.

rar49

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

I ran prime 95 maxed out temps were all within 3 degrees, highest was 64c. The fans were whizzing louder than I have ever heard before playing any games so I think all is good thanks. It had me worried for a while. :wahoo: