Help choosing upgrades

logical

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Not sure if this is right category, but here goes...

I wanna upgrade my rig, so far I have:

i5 2500k
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
8GB Kingston RAM
OCZ Agility 60GB SSD
2 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green HDDS
GTX 460SE
650 PSU OCZ
Random Blue-Ray drive

Anyway... Iwas wondering a few things. First, what is the best CPU cooler (air or liquid) for under £80? Size doesn't matter too much I have the 600t. Last but not least... will my PSU handle all the upgrades under load, if not can you recommend what watt or any other fully modular PSU? I have custom sleeving on my current on and like the aesthetic look of it so wanna do the same. I also plan on upgrading to an i7 (1155) 2700k and overclocking.

*Edit I decided on the 570 after finding a very helpful comparison page, now the question is MSI TwinFrozr III vs EVGA, I have a 600t so airflow is prety fluent and smooth.

I wouldn't but the GTX 570 if I were you. Not nearly enough RAM and the Radeon 7850 (which is cheaper, uses less power, almost exactly as fast, a far better overclocker because it can be overclocked farther than the 570 can be and would still use less power than the stock 570, and the 7850 also has almost double the reference 570's VRAM) is a much better buy, unless you have a strict Nvidia preference, in which case I'd say at least get the GTX 570 2560MB because it's worth the extra money to have more than a mere 1.25GB of VRAM, even if you play at 1080p. If that's not an option, I'd go as far as to say either get the GTX 560 tI 2GB or get a GTX 480. Of all these cards, the 7850 is still the best buy, so long as you don't have a strict Nvidia preference.

The best CPU cooler for the money would be the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (or instead of plus, the Evo, but it's not better at cooling, just a little quieter).

A 650w PSU is sufficient for your plans, so long as you don't do SLI. The 7850 is the only graphics card in your performance range that can do CF/SLI with that PSU and a CPU overclock without hurting the PSU.

logical

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Well really I'm pretty passive on the make of the GPU, so if AMD has a better card for the same price then that's what I'l buy. I don't have the highest res monitor anyway so the memory isn't to much of an issue, right now I have 1028MB card and it plays just fine the only reason I'm replacing is because it's a little outdated and can't run my games on the very max for the long hours that a gamer plays... So... I also don't really plan on overclocking, not enough experience right now. Also this website http://videocardbenchmark.net (not sure on accuracy) says the 570 out performs the 7850.

Does the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus/Evo out perform the Corsair H series? I like the look of the H100 with a push-push config, and like I say I can handle pretty big heat syncs and rads. As far as the PSU goes I may SLI/Crossfire but I can only do 2 right now due to motherboard. So maybe an upgrade would be worth it?

As far as cooling and performance what model card? I like the ASUS ones and also MSI for AMD, but really what ever one cools the best.

One last thing... What re the best case fans, don't have to be silent but fairly quiet would be nice, also cheap, I have 4+ to buy so I can't splash too much on them. These ones are my first option so far; http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm-akasa-viper-fan-high-performance-s-flow-blade-pwm-fan-inc-rubber-mounting-pins.

Anyway Thanks!