Sign in with
Your question

Final question before purchase! Please read!

Last response: in Systems
May 21, 2012 10:16:52 PM

I am just wondering if this power supply will be enough to power my system or not. Below are my specs, check them out and then make sure to comment if this will work or not or if you have any recommendations!

Computer Specs:

Monitor: Acer S211HL bd 22" Class LED Monitor - 12M:1 Contrast Ratio, 5MS response time, 1080P, 1920x1080

Tower Case: Diablo Tek Elite ATX Mid Tower (Comes with a 450W PSU but I am switching it out to meet the requirements on my Graphics Card)

Power Supply: Looking at the "OCZ-ZT550W" Running - 24 A on both the +3.3v and +5v rails and 45 A on the +12v 1 Rail

Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1045T - Six Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3MB L2 Cache, 2.70GHz, Socket AM3, 95W, Fan

Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6870

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

RAM: ADATA 4GB x2 DDR3 (8GB Total)

Hardrive: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Disc Drive: Lite-On IHAS124-04 Internal DVD Writer

Just wondering if 550w will be enough and if this is a good PSU or not. Here is the link to the product if you want to look it over for yourself:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
May 21, 2012 10:50:40 PM

Everything is compatible, the psu has bad ratings, the ZS has better ratings and is highly rated by Jonnyguru. It's not bad at the $40 after rebate it's going for.

The cpu is a little slow, I would recommend a higher clocked quad core like a 965BE.
m
l
May 21, 2012 11:00:48 PM

geekapproved said:
Everything is compatible, the psu has bad ratings, the ZS has better ratings and is highly rated by Jonnyguru. It's not bad at the $40 after rebate it's going for.

The cpu is a little slow, I would recommend a higher clocked quad core like a 965BE.

I've seen good reviews on the PSU and that it is better than the ZS series. The Jonnyguru rated the ZT series higher than the ZS series.

Also I just plan on overclocking the CPU, it was purchased as a part of a barebones kit along with the Motherboard, Tower Case, RAM, Hardrive, and DVD drive. I got it for $330 so that is why I purchased it.

So if the PSU is not good could you point me towards a better 550W PSU for less than $80?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
May 22, 2012 5:55:39 PM

Ficttion said:
I've seen good reviews on the PSU and that it is better than the ZS series. The Jonnyguru rated the ZT series higher than the ZS series.

Also I just plan on overclocking the CPU, it was purchased as a part of a barebones kit along with the Motherboard, Tower Case, RAM, Hardrive, and DVD drive. I got it for $330 so that is why I purchased it.

So if the PSU is not good could you point me towards a better 550W PSU for less than $80?

Yeah I had that backwards. Also the Zs only has a 3yr warranty, the Zt has 5yrs.

I personally would go with the XFX Core edition 650w, it's cheaper and has the same warranty.
m
l
!