What's better to buy.. CPU or Graphics card?

I don't know what is better to buy Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor E6600 3.06GHz CPU, Or GTX 560 Superclocked ? I would buy 1 item at once. I want to play BF3!! And wuld I can play it on High settings? (Not Ultra) So there's my spec's:

Graphic Card:ATI Radeon HD 5450
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8,00GB
System type: 32-bit
18 answers Last reply
More about what graphics card
  1. Graphics card will amke a bigger difference.

BF3 uses more CPU than average, but the GTX 560 will be a bigger "jump" for performance with gaming.
  2. What is your screen resolution? Either way, you would see a better performance boost with a GTX560 as your current GPU can't be classed as an actual 'gaming' card.
  3. edvinuliux said:
    I don't know what is better to buy Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor E6600 3.06GHz CPU, Or GTX 560 Superclocked ? I would buy 1 item at once. I want to play BF3!! And wuld I can play it on High settings? (Not Ultra) So there's my spec's:

Graphic Card:ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 8,00GB
    System type: 32-bit

In your case, games will most likely benefit more from the new graphics card as opposed to the new CPU. However, if you're going to also be getting a new CPU at some point, I would consider choosing a better CPU than the one you've chosen, like an Intel Core i5 CPU (Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge)

Also, unless you've modified your 32-bit OS to properly recognize more than 4GB of RAM, having 8GB of RAM won't do you any good.
  4. mocchan said:
    What is your screen resolution? Either way, you would see a better performance boost with a GTX560 as your current GPU can't be classed as an actual 'gaming' card.

I have 1600x900 monitor screen :).
  5. edvinuliux said:
    I have 1600x900 monitor screen :).

In that case, GPU upgrade all the way :)
  6. mocchan said:
    In that case, GPU upgrade all the way :)

DUDEE, I will still buy GTX 560 SUPERCLOCKED!!
    SUPERCLOCKED
    SUPERCLOCKED
    BRO!! :(
  7. I'm confused now, a GTX560 SC from EVGA will still perform better than a CPU upgrade. Not to mention, I'm also saying for you to purchase the 560, so what's your question?
  8. mocchan said:
    I'm confused now, a GTX560 SC from EVGA will still perform better than a CPU upgrade. Not to mention, I'm also saying for you to purchase the 560, so what's your question?

Well.... I thought I would need to upgrade.. Nevermind. Thanks for helping :D!
  9. So your saying I need to upgrade GPU all the waaay if you say that gpu's performance is better than cpu.. And I wouldn't clock gpu because IT IS clocked..
  10. Yes, upgrade your GPU, not your CPU; you will see better performance that way.

And I wasn't mentioning overclocking your GPU, I was telling you to replace that c****y HD5450 and get the GTX560 :lol:
  11. mocchan said:
    Yes, upgrade your GPU, not your CPU; you will see better performance that way.

And I wasn't mentioning overclocking your GPU, I was telling you to replace that c****y HD5450 and get the GTX560 :lol:

YAAAAAAAY !!!
  12. Just Wondering what kind of Motherboard you have, and how big of a PSU (Power Supply)

5450 does not use nearly as much power as a 560, 560ti

If you don't know what type of motherboard you have list the model and brand.

5450's are like HTPC graphics cards they are on par with 8600GT from several years ago.

Graphics card will give you the bigger boost in performance but may be a bigger investment upfront.
    Also the 560 is huge make sure you have room.
  13. Most, if not all HD5450's are PCI-E, so I'm not very concerned if OP has a 'compatible' motherboard or not.

However, you did bring a valid point about OP's PSU. GTX560's are certainly more power hungry than the HD5450, however, they aren't as power hungry as one might think; as long as OP has a QUALITY branded PSU rated at 450w, it could run without any issues.
  14. no doubt,in your case gpu upgrade is best
  15. mocchan said:
    :)

Butt would it run on high settings with 30 fps? :D
  16. Oops sorry LMAO
  17. mocchan said:
    Most, if not all HD5450's are PCI-E, so I'm not very concerned if OP has a 'compatible' motherboard or not.

However, you did bring a valid point about OP's PSU. GTX560's are certainly more power hungry than the HD5450, however, they aren't as power hungry as one might think; as long as OP has a QUALITY branded PSU rated at 450w, it could run without any issues.

Yess!! Now I can buy gtx 570 O: ...
    What resolution, and settings would be perfect for me? :D
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Graphics Cards Processors