Sign in with
Your question

How do i know when i should replace components?

Last response: in CPUs
September 11, 2012 7:27:39 PM

Hi hi here is a small info about my machine
corsair 600 w
i7 870
8 gb of ram
geforce 560 ti

my question is when should i replace my hardware, I know i should consider replacing the graphic card pretty soon , but i ask for knowledge , is it really neccesery too replace my other hardware any time soon ? when for instance will my proccessor be getting a bottleneck? :D 
( I'm mainly thinking this machine as a gaming computer )

More about : replace components

a b à CPUs
September 11, 2012 7:41:22 PM

Hello & Welcome.
It depends on your needs, for gaming, most modern games are GPU intensive not CPU intensive games so it will hugely depend on the GPU, besides you got a good gaming chip the i7s are doing great for gaming.

If you're using a lot of Image and video processing applications you'll need to shift to a very high end CPU to do more with less time, for gaming you just need to upgrade your card when you find it weak enough to generate playable FPS.
a c 188 à CPUs
September 11, 2012 9:10:59 PM

Right now I would say that you are in good shape with the Intel® Core™ i7-870 and the GeForce GTX 560ti. I have almost the same set up on my home system and I would say that I have at least another year maybe two of lifespan out of it before I have to release the processor and video card.

!