Zalman 9900 cooler vs others

toocoded

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
I am in the process of building a new system, not for gaming (well once in a while) but for work (Graphic design and motion graphics etc...) and I am trying to decide on a CPU cooler. In my shopping cart I have the Cooler master hyper 212 evo and the Zalman 9900max as I cant decide which one as yet.

Practically I believe based on reviews that they both do a pretty good job, however, I love the looks of the Zalman as I would be able use High profile RAM with it. But the price is just a turn off. Do you think i should get the Zalman or just ignore looks and go with the Hyper 212 EVO?

Engima

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
If you plan to do graphics work then the ability to use all four RAM slots will be more important. The 212 EVO is like the 212+ in that it is meant to be a very affordable aftermarket cooler but like anything else, the money you put in is what you get out of it. Have you tried searching for comparisons between the two?

toocoded

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
I have done comparisons and looked at reviews and all four memory slots are usable with the Zalman. I just need get to get some views about my dilemma.

toocoded

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

I completed my build just 2 weeks ago. I did get the Zalman 9900MAX and I dont regret it one bit. Its very silent, temps are at idle 34C which is awesome as Im from the tropics and it looks damn good in the case (500r).