Solved

How to run 32 bit applications on 64 bit windows 8

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Download
  • Windows 8
Last response: in Windows 8
January 24, 2013 3:47:50 AM

I have 32 bit programs that I need to use on my 64 bit laptop. I know there is a program you can download to do this but I can't remember where it is, I did download it and tried to load it on my win 7 home and it told me that I needed win 7 or 8 pro, I now have win 8 pro but I have lost the program .Can you help me find it.
Keith

More about : run bit applications bit windows

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
January 24, 2013 3:56:03 AM

You, uhm, install them?

Any 32-bit program will run on a 64 bit OS. That's why you have both a 'program files' and a 'program files x86' folder. The x86 refers to 32 bit programs.
January 24, 2013 8:29:00 AM

win 8 mecury 945g cm sound driver downlod
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2013 7:12:20 AM

Best answer selected by lindnerpark.
m
l
July 29, 2013 12:11:00 PM

psh
m
l
January 3, 2014 3:42:50 AM

DarkSable said:
You, uhm, install them?

Any 32-bit program will run on a 64 bit OS. That's why you have both a 'program files' and a 'program files x86' folder. The x86 refers to 32 bit programs.

m
l
January 3, 2014 3:46:46 AM

But what could be the procedure. I am installing a programme on my laptop with Windows 8.1 and in the end it detects that my programme can only be run on 32 bit. Then I tried to install the same programme in Programme file (x86). The en result was again the same. So, what should b done?
m
l
March 16, 2014 5:16:33 PM

DarkSable said:
You, uhm, install them?

If this is true I sure wish you'd tell me how to do it on W8.1.... I can not run my printer with it's 32 bit drivers.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
March 16, 2014 5:22:23 PM

Randyj2007 said:
DarkSable said:
You, uhm, install them?

If this is true I sure wish you'd tell me how to do it on W8.1.... I can not run my printer with it's 32 bit drivers.

Drivers are a different beast from applications. They must be 64 bit
m
l
December 23, 2014 9:01:07 PM

lindnerpark said:
I have 32 bit programs that I need to use on my 64 bit laptop. I know there is a program you can download to do this but I can't remember where it is, I did download it and tried to load it on my win 7 home and it told me that I needed win 7 or 8 pro, I now have win 8 pro but I have lost the program .Can you help me find it.
Keith

Sadly I think I understand your dilemma. You were originally told you needed Win7 pro because in it is Virtual PC and you get free XP OS to download. That from what I have read online is not being offered with Win8 pro even. Virtual PC yes but NOT XP as Microsoft will not issue something they do not offer support for making it software that can allow a back door for virus and malware to access your computer as a whole.

I suggest you go to Microsoft site and chat with the Answers Desk folk. Ask them if you can downgrade to Windows pro to get the XP virtual PC that way or if you can get a refund especially if Microsoft staff told you about upgrading. Here is the link that sales desk gave me when I asked them just now. I figure best to ask yourself so you know information is first hand not secondhand via me. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Ans...
Hope you get your problem resolved soon.

m
l
!