Sign in with
Your question
Solved

NVIDIA SOUND DRIVERS AND CREATIVE LAB SOUND CARD

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 21, 2012 4:30:50 AM

I have a creative labs soundcard that runs my 7.1 speaker system that is also creative labs. When I look in my
sound area in device manager, it shows about 5 Nvidia sound things and I want to know if they could
be messing up the sound of my normal "preferred" system ?????

Thanks for heads up on this and I cant believe im only just noticing this, I feel like such a newb that I dont know
what to do so I knew enough to at least come here and deal with the right people who are in the know.

Thanks for your help

Mike :)  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 
March 21, 2012 4:31:47 AM

Nvidia just installs these when I upgrade my graphics card drivers.
m
l

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
March 31, 2012 3:29:13 AM

You can delete the nvidia sound drivers , just make sure you dont re install them each time you update your nivdia drivers , choose custom install and uncheck the Nvidia HD drivers and check clean install box also.
Are you experiencing any sound issues?
Related resources
April 7, 2012 2:09:30 AM

monsta said:
You can delete the nvidia sound drivers , just make sure you dont re install them each time you update your nivdia drivers , choose custom install and uncheck the Nvidia HD drivers and check clean install box also.
Are you experiencing any sound issues?

No, Im not having any problems, its just that I spent so much money on my sound card and 7.1 surround system, that
I want to know its working at the best level it can, and I just feel that the nvidia drivers for sound were meant
for an internal sound card built into the motherboard and not for a creative labs one like mine.

I really dont know much about the internal workings of how BF3 works with sound, and
between direct x or other types of sound quality innuendos.

Thank you so much for your answer !!
m
l
April 14, 2012 12:44:57 AM

Best answer selected by ctguy1955.
m
l
!