Your question
Solved

I7 2700k temp

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Intel i7
Last response: in CPUs
September 12, 2012 12:42:07 AM

My I7 2700k is reaching 74 c under heavy load in guild wars 2. What's the maximum I should let it get to? everyone I have talked to said not to worry unless it goes over 85 but I'm not sure about that lol.

More about : 2700k temp

Best solution

a c 78 à CPUs
September 12, 2012 1:03:02 AM

You will get different answers from different people. The chip throttles over 100C to protect itself so Intel must have thought that anything below that wouldn't kill enough CPU's within the warranty period to cost them too much money.

Beyond that, "cooler is better".

Personally, I would only be ok with 74C if it occurred under absolute max load in a synthetic stress test like Intel burn test. Even then, I would probably be on the lookout for a sale on a higher-end cooling solution.
September 12, 2012 1:04:45 AM

Z1NONLY said:
You will get different answers from different people. The chip throttles over 100C to protect itself so Intel must have thought that anything below that wouldn't kill enough CPU's within the warranty period to cost them too much money.

Beyond that, "cooler is better".

Personally, I would only be ok with 74C if it occurred under absolute max load in a synthetic stress test like Intel burn test. Even then, I would probably be on the lookout for a sale on a higher-end cooling solution.

looks like it's time to crack open the side panel and point a fan inside until new heatsink gets here -.-
m
l
Related resources
September 12, 2012 1:04:50 AM

Best answer selected by vickus420.
m
l
September 12, 2012 1:05:42 AM

Run this program for an hour or so and that will give you your maximum load temp. i am not sure what temps to expect from a 2700k, i just bought one for my new gaming rig so id like to know this too.

http://www.ocbase.com/index.php/download

Edit: Nvm
m
l
a c 251 à CPUs
September 12, 2012 1:16:19 AM

For 24/7 Id be comfy w/ 72C ..... for occasional extreme gaming sessions, 75-78C doesn't scare me.
m
l
!