Sign in with
Your question

Hd 6870 problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 21, 2012 10:17:10 AM

Hello,
I bought my computer with a AMD Radeon HD 6870 GPU, it works fine until i start gaming, then the screen sometimes flickers and after a while i sometimes bluescreen, then i reboot my pc, some instalthingie of ATI gets up, after that has happened i have no problems anymore, does anyone have any idea on what it could be?
Btw, i also updated my drives but that didn't seem to work.

my system contains:
processor: AMD phenom II 965 @3,4 Ghz (Never overclocked)
Motherbord: AMD msi 890fxa-gd65 am3 (crossfire supported)
GPU: AMD sapphire 6870 1gb ddr5
RAM: 8gb @1333Mhz
HDD: 1300gb (7200 rpm 32mb cache)
power supply: corsair CX600 (600watt)
Optical drive: LG

Thanks in advance ;) 

More about : 6870 problems

March 21, 2012 10:23:37 AM

Hi there, do you have the bluescreen code?

What I would try is to uninstall any ATI drivers and install the latest from ATI's website (rather than installing over the top of older drivers)

Try reseating the graphics card, make sure the power cables are properly seated.

Can you watch video's ok on your PC?
March 21, 2012 6:52:04 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Hi there, do you have the bluescreen code?

What I would try is to uninstall any ATI drivers and install the latest from ATI's website (rather than installing over the top of older drivers)

Try reseating the graphics card, make sure the power cables are properly seated.

Can you watch video's ok on your PC?

Thanks for the reply, but one problem is that I don't get an error code or anything when it's booted up again, but from what I have seen it might have something to do with the temperatures (when the GPU hits over 51 degrees centigrade it starts flickering a bit, and I suppose it gets worse as it gets hotter, and as I can't see what temperature it is when it bluescreens, I guess it's about 60 degrees). Might this be a fail safe for telling me that it's getting to hot? Or just something else?
!