Sign in with
Your question

Intel DH55TC couldn't run nvidia 210

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 21, 2012 10:59:57 AM

i got a nvidia gt210 in not working condition.

i found the dvi to vga port was faulty, replacing which it worked on my system.

But on an another system: <i3 530; intel DH55TC; 2 GB DDR3; 500 GB HDD; INTEX 450W> it didnt work. I mean there is no display at o/p port of the dgpu. However, the logon sound is audible as usual.

I tried replacing the power supply to mine<Corsair cx 430W>, still the same behavior. At the same time, I connected my dgpu ati 4350 & ati 6770 one by one, both worked well.

Now its up to u???

How can u figure it out????

Is it like intel donot support this nvidia or what???????????
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 11:25:27 AM

remove the card
using onboard video connected to a monitor go to bios
in bios options there should be something along primary graphic adapter pcie or onboard
change to pcie, shutdown, install the card

good luck
m
l
March 21, 2012 12:14:04 PM

alvine said:
remove the card
using onboard video connected to a monitor go to bios
in bios options there should be something along primary graphic adapter pcie or onboard
change to pcie, shutdown, install the card

good luck

done all that stuff,

also to inform u that i used a 4350 , a 6770, both of which worked fine.

But with this nvidia 210 there is no o/p at the card's display port. However, at the same time the igp shows o/p at the onboard display port as if there is no graphic card attached.

I cant figure out this. Help me!
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 12:23:12 PM

If you already did all that stuff, as alive mentioned, then you can grab your GPU, extend your arm over the bin - and let go.

There comes a point when a piece of hardware is just not worth the amount of hours the troubleshoot might require, just to find out it's garbage anyways.

The lowest price I can find for a GTS 210 - was about 65$, and used it's probably worth maybe 10 or 20$. If you make around say ~9$ an hour at your job - in 1 day you could buy yourself another GTS 210 instead of spending 7 hours trying to fix it.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 21, 2012 12:49:52 PM

Bey Nav, i have sent you a responding PM, You contacted me about this. My diagnoses are the only thing you can do. But as now i agree with Chain saw. You see, the NVIDIA 210 is a very old and low end graphics card. and in my opinion shouldn't even be used for anything more than a display card. You may need to just farewell with it and purchase a new gpu. As the 210 your friend is using may be....gone.

Hardware dies all the time. Its just a way of life < Words i will tell my son some day
m
l
March 22, 2012 9:48:57 AM

Rockdpm said:
Bey Nav, i have sent you a responding PM, You contacted me about this. My diagnoses are the only thing you can do. But as now i agree with Chain saw. You see, the NVIDIA 210 is a very old and low end graphics card. and in my opinion shouldn't even be used for anything more than a display card. You may need to just farewell with it and purchase a new gpu. As the 210 your friend is using may be....gone.

Hardware dies all the time. Its just a way of life < Words i will tell my son some day

thanks for the comments.

finally, I came to conclusion that the particular PCIE in his mobo may be faulty enough to ignore nvidia 210 (all pins might not be connected).
However, in case of ati 4350 & ati 6770 the port may get perfect matching.

Thanks u guys....
m
l
!