Solved

How does this sound?

Budget Range: 1000-1200$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, internet, work

Parts Not Required:OS, keyboard, mouse, drives( i got a mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ncix.com

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: intel, nividia (if amd has something just as good, why not)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: later

Monitor Resolution: want a 1920x1080

Additional Comments: i need slience and great cooling. also i dont like anything with a window or lights.

heres what i have

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/8E4e

i use pcpartpicker because i can just price match everything on ncix
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sound
  1. I'm jealous, your build will be tons better than mine =).

My only comment is perhaps to get a bigger Powersupply - not so much because you need it, but because it's one of the few components that you can carry over to a new build when it's time to upgrade so you get use out of it if you ever decide to SLI/Crossfire or whatever.
  2. zex95966 said:
    I'm jealous, your build will be tons better than mine =).

My only comment is perhaps to get a bigger Powersupply - not so much because you need it, but because it's one of the few components that you can carry over to a new build when it's time to upgrade so you get use out of it if you ever decide to SLI/Crossfire or whatever.

Yeah probably i will need something like a 650-750w PSU but its kinda more than enough since all my components are pretty efficient. too bad i had to save for 2 years for this build and im only 14 so getting a good paying part time job is hard
  3. Best answer
    Your motherboard is needlessly expensive, as is your CPU cooler. Get a $35 Hypere 212 EVO and a $120 ASRock Z68 Extreme3.
    650W is plenty for two 670s, but I don't trust PC&C. Go for this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341051&Tpk=ocz%20650w
  4. Your budget is wayyy to high for a 1080p gaming build. That can be done equally well with a $550 to $700 build. Also, I'd recommend at least a 700 or 750w for two 670s. It's better to have a little more breathing room when it comes to PSUs because that increases longevity.

The GTX 670 is an excellent card for 2560x1600 or 1080p 120Hz/3D, but it's way more expensive than necessary for a regular 1080p gaming rig. Nothing far over a Radeon 7850 is generally worth buying for 1080p and the 670 is almost as fast as 7850 CF.
  5. blazorthon said:
    Your budget is wayyy to high for a 1080p gaming build. That can be done equally well with a $550 to $700 build. Also, I'd recommend at least a 700 or 750w for two 670s. It's better to have a little more breathing room when it comes to PSUs because that increases longevity.

The GTX 670 is an excellent card for 2560x1600 or 1080p 120Hz/3D, but it's way more expensive than necessary for a regular 1080p gaming rig. Nothing far over a Radeon 7850 is generally worth buying for 1080p and the 670 is almost as fast as 7850 CF.

well i was trying t get something that can play bf3 at ultra with all the details turned to max + txaa mode 2 or msaa 7x-16x
  6. kajabla said:
    Your motherboard is needlessly expensive, as is your CPU cooler. Get a $35 Hypere 212 EVO and a $120 ASRock Z68 Extreme3.
    650W is plenty for two 670s, but I don't trust PC&C. Go for this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341051&Tpk=ocz%20650w

i didnt really like asrock boards but the extreme4 sounds pretty good. the gd65, the z77x-ud3h and the extreme4 are all within 10-20 from each other in canada.

just to tell you pc& and power cooling is kind of a branch from OCZ. i just wanted the most silence possible
  7. TheBigTroll said:
    well i was trying t get something that can play bf3 at ultra with all the details turned to max + txaa mode 2 or msaa 7x-16x

It can probably do some SSAA at 1080p. That's how much faster it is than it needs to be for 1080p. However, it would improve future-proofing to ensure that more intensive games in the future can still run with such high settings and AA... Go for it if you want to.
  8. Best answer selected by TheBigTroll.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product