570 or 550 and wait

Lightyzhere

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
So my dog peed on my computer the other day and most of it is fine but he did manage to fry my GTX 570. So I was wondering should I buy another 570 which I loved or buy a 550 TI and wait for the 670 to come out. By the way when is kepler suppose to come out I've been looking but can't find jack other than Q1 of 2012?

graemevermeulen

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010

First of all, put your PC in a location where your dog isn't able to **** his leg on your hardware. Second of all, close your case! :lol:

They're releasing Kepler in stages throughout 2012 and 2013. The mid range cards are set to hit the market around April this year, with the high-end cards for around December and apparently their flagship is set to release Q1 2013.

So, if you want a mid range card then I'd say wait for Kepler.

If you want the high to enthusiast range (such as your GTX 570 was) then go ahead and buy another GTX570 now and hang on till the end of the year.

I've heard rumours from a moderator on another forum that the rest of Kepler (not including the GTX 680) wont be released until 2013.

If a lesser card like the 550Ti will get you by for up to 9 months then you could save yourself a small amount.

I guess it all depends on how much you play games, what games you play and how important it is to you.

Lightyzhere

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Well I play games every weekend not so much through the week to busy sleeping. plus with summer around the corner it will be even less. So if it's going to be that long I could go with a 560 ti which should be more than enough to tide me over figure until borderlands 2 comes out I will not really need anything that major although even then I doubt i will really need it just range 70 range fits better with the rest of my hardware aka 2500k.