Sign in with
Your question

Intergrated graphics device not found

Last response: in CPUs
September 12, 2012 6:03:09 AM

HI,

I have a gigabyte z77 ud5 motherboard I Ran the virtual lucid logics mvp I wanted to try it out, and in said intergrated graphics driver not found. So I installed a vga cable to the back of my computer where the ports are for the intergrated graphics..Of course the other end to my monitor. Then I went into the bios and set the first display to the intergrated graphics and set the intergrated graphics to enabled and my computer would boot but got no display at all on the monitor. So I had to open up my case and hit the reset button for the cmos. It worked thank god!! I'm not having any other problems and I do have a video card. I would still like to try out the intergrated graphics though. Is there any drivers that I need to get? Is there anyway that I can get this to work? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Kinnyr90
September 12, 2012 6:16:42 AM

Oh Btw

I have a Core i7 Intel 3770..
a c 283 à CPUs
September 12, 2012 6:20:24 AM

Peripherals -> Internal Graphics and select Enabled. That's what I see in the manual, anyway.

You shouldn't need to have the monitor plugged into the motherboard for that to work.
Related resources
September 12, 2012 6:38:21 AM

I did that I said that in my post, and the computer would boot but I would get no picture on the monitor. That's why I had to open up my computer case and hit the clear cmos button on the motherboard. so that did not work. Any other help like drivers or something.
a c 283 à CPUs
September 12, 2012 6:39:25 AM

Did you try it with the monitor plugged into the GPU?

I see where you said you tried enabling the integrated graphics now, but you said you plugged the monitor into the motherboard. If the GPU was still installed, that wouldn't work, so that's why you didn't see anything. The monitor would need to be plugged into the GPU.
September 12, 2012 6:39:54 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Peripherals -> Internal Graphics and select Enabled. That's what I see in the manual, anyway.

You shouldn't need to have the monitor plugged into the motherboard for that to work.

I did that I said that in my post, and the computer would boot but I would get no picture on the monitor. That's why I had to open up my computer case and hit the clear cmos button on the motherboard. so that did not work. Any other help like drivers or something.

Kinnyr90
September 12, 2012 6:54:46 AM

I have a stand alone card an nvidia geforce 240 which is plugged into a pcie slot on the mother board and is still plugged in now and was at the time that I tried the intergrated graphics. So I plugged a vga cable into the vga port on the back of the computer for the intergrated graphics port.and of course the other end of the vga port to my monitor. I kept the stand alone card still plugged into the pci express slot. I enabled The onboard graphics in the bios prior to that. When I booted up the computer I got no picture on the monitor at all. Just a blank screen. So I had to reset the cmos on the motherboard. Now the first Grahics display is set to auto, cause if I go back to intergrated the computer will not boot up again. I downloaded the intel intergrated vga driver from gigabytes website, and when I tried to install the driver, it said that my system does not meet the minimum system requierments, and I know it does. I do not see anything showing intergrated display or vga in the device manager. Just My stand alone nvidia (GT 240)

Thanks Steve
September 12, 2012 6:58:35 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Did you try it with the monitor plugged into the GPU?

I see where you said you tried enabling the integrated graphics now, but you said you plugged the monitor into the motherboard. If the GPU was still installed, that wouldn't work, so that's why you didn't see anything. The monitor would need to be plugged into the GPU.

I have a stand alone card an nvidia geforce 240 which is plugged into a pcie slot on the mother board and is still plugged in now and was at the time that I tried the intergrated graphics. So I plugged a vga cable into the vga port on the back of the computer for the intergrated graphics port.and of course the other end of the vga port to my monitor. I kept the stand alone card still plugged into the pci express slot. I enabled The onboard graphics in the bios prior to that. When I booted up the computer I got no picture on the monitor at all. Just a blank screen. So I had to reset the cmos on the motherboard. Now the first Grahics display is set to auto, cause if I go back to intergrated the computer will not boot up again. I downloaded the intel intergrated vga driver from gigabytes website, and when I tried to install the driver, it said that my system does not meet the minimum system requierments, and I know it does. I do not see anything showing intergrated display or vga in the device manager. Just My stand alone nvidia (GT 240)
a c 283 à CPUs
September 12, 2012 7:06:49 AM

OK, leave the monitor plugged into the graphics card and enable the integrated graphics as well (leaving the monitor plugged into the graphics card the whole time). After that, boot into Windows and the integrated graphics should show up in Device Manager (and you should be able to install the HD Graphics Drivers and Virtu). That should do it. If it doesn't, I don't know what else to tell you.
September 12, 2012 7:13:21 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
OK, leave the monitor plugged into the graphics card and enable the integrated graphics as well (leaving the monitor plugged into the graphics card the whole time). After that, boot into Windows and the integrated graphics should show up in Device Manager (and you should be able to install the HD Graphics Drivers and Virtu). That should do it. If it doesn't, I don't know what else to tell you.

Oh, Thank you so much! If this does not work I will call intel. I have seen one other person on this site having the same problem, but I do not know if he got it fixed or not.

Thanks

Kinnyr90
!