New PSU - Two Questions

cameronmc88

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Just went ahead and purchased a new PSU and the 24 pin ATX cable only has 23 cables attached? is this bad, I installed it anyway and everything booted up fine.

The PSU is Antec HCG 750w, I've also attached two pictures of my old generic PSU and the new Antec one!
If you look at the older PSU it had all 24 pins cabled and the new way more expensive PSU has only 23?? :/ manufacturing error or what? and will this cause me problems.
NOTE: Booted up fine!

Also I have a HD 7870 video card which requires two 6pin connectors to the video card and my new PSU has 2 cables which has 4x 6+2 pin connectors for video cards, I've used a 6 pin from each cable, rather than using the same cable (Both Connectors from same cable)

Is this better or will it make a difference to my video card?

Thanks.

Here are the pictures of the ATX cables.. white one is my generic and the other is the one that has the missing cable... :/ brand new PSU makes no sense to me.

9462083.jpg

9462112.jpg

It really doesn't matter. I have 4 too, but I used two on the same cable just to keep it cleaner. No other advantage or disadvantage for doing it either way, though, as far as I know.