3rd Monitor Support with a 580gtx

shadezkyle

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
Title should explain most. I'm not looking to SLI. I'm simply looking for a second GPU to support a third monitor, the monitor is not going to be used for any stressful processes.

What i need.
Recommendations for cards I could get for third monitor support (I'm not looking for anything fancy).
Some specs.

Asus x58 Sabertooth MOBO
750 W PSU

EDIT -- Also I dont even know whats the best piece of hardware for third monitor support. All i need is for it to be working.

shadezkyle

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
What i meant is I do game, but the third monitor i'm looking to support, Isn't going to be for games. Just side programs.

Sorry kinda derped there.

so in no way would I drop a 580gtx :p

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

You can run different models of cards to drive more displays without using SLI. You only need to match models for SLI.

That said, I have literally no experience here.

shadezkyle

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012

This being said, What would you recommend. As an Inexpensive card to support my third monitor.

It should be fine but if your worried you can drop down to a 8800gts. Really any nvidia card will do I have a old GeForce4 MX4000 card running as a second card to a 560ti in one of my work computers to get me a third monitor. The only thing to watch is what resolution the card can handle, if your wanting 3 monitors running 1080p then you need to make sure the second card can handle those settings.