Sign in with
Your question

HDMI/VGA no signal

Last response: in Systems
May 22, 2012 5:12:30 AM

I just finished my new build with a 560 GTX and I can't get an VGA/HDMI signal from the board or an HDMI signal from the card. Any ideas? I know the monitor and the cable both work perfectly well.

More about : hdmi vga signal

May 22, 2012 5:17:24 AM

Just tried an old monitor for good measure and no luck.
May 22, 2012 5:32:14 AM

check that you have all the power cables plugged in sometime people forget the 4/8 pin on the mb and the ones on the video card. if the fans are moving check to see if the mb has any fault led..asus has them..some mb have boot led. see if there any fault (video or ram.). also check that your not shorting the mb out to the case.;
Related resources
May 22, 2012 5:35:27 AM

smorizio said:
check that you have all the power cables plugged in sometime people forget the 4/8 pin on the mb and the ones on the video card. if the fans are moving check to see if the mb has any fault led..asus has them..some mb have boot led. see if there any fault (video or ram.). also check that your not shorting the mb out to the case.;

Going to guess that the obnoxious red light is a fault LED. I tried removing and reinstering the ram so I guess I'll try the video card? Any more suggestions?

How do I check that I'm not shorting out the motherboard to the case?

Even with the video card out and/or RAM out I still get the vault LED ( if that is, indeed, what this red light is)

Never mind. Apparently that is just the CPU light =/
May 22, 2012 6:18:05 AM

Unplugged and plugged all power cables. Made sure no mobo screws were too tight. Tried with just on board graphics. Still no signal.

Could it be that I only have 8GB sticks of RAM? I saw somewhere that I should use less for first boot.

May 22, 2012 12:40:41 PM

I'm getting 2 short beeps and the mobo I have is the asus p8z68-v pro gen3 board, what dooes the post mean?
May 22, 2012 1:57:19 PM

iliberate said:
I'm getting 2 short beeps and the mobo I have is the asus p8z68-v pro gen3 board, what dooes the post mean?

While that motherboard doesn't list anything about just TWO short beeps, there is one post beep manual that lists the different types of beeps and what they mean. The only one with that contains two short beeps says "1 long 2 short" and if that happens, its a memory problem, it says to try this.

1.4.2.1 Memory issue: Beep (1 long 2 short)

A Clean the Golden Finger of memory

B Clean the memory slots

C Leave only one memory stick to test

D If convenient, please change different memory to test again
May 22, 2012 3:31:00 PM

insertnocoins said:
While that motherboard doesn't list anything about just TWO short beeps, there is one post beep manual that lists the different types of beeps and what they mean. The only one with that contains two short beeps says "1 long 2 short" and if that happens, its a memory problem, it says to try this.

1.4.2.1 Memory issue: Beep (1 long 2 short)

A Clean the Golden Finger of memory

B Clean the memory slots

C Leave only one memory stick to test

D If convenient, please change different memory to test again

Yeah, I bought new RAM and tried all of that. It's just too short beeps =/
May 22, 2012 3:39:21 PM

Online I found a post that says that 2 short beeps means a CMOS error but I don't know how to fix that without access to my monitor...
Anonymous
May 22, 2012 3:47:32 PM

i believe i smell an RMA process.
May 22, 2012 6:01:08 PM

iliberate said:
Online I found a post that says that 2 short beeps means a CMOS error but I don't know how to fix that without access to my monitor...

Have you tried using a different VGA cable / Monitor? Maybe HDMI or DVI
!