New build, are my temperatures too high?

tycoonguy

Honorable
May 22, 2012
I recently built a new rig. Bought the parts about two months ago but finally had time to build it a few weeks ago. After a vacation, I finally have time to really use my new build. It's been years since I built a PC, and was wondering if these temperatures seem a little too high?

XuzUQ.jpg

Thanks!

Solution

Nothing's impossible, just highly improbable. For all I know the guy could live in Alaska and keep the windows open all night. But yes, that would be pretty low to be believable. :)

Anyway, to the OP: You might want to think about a new CPU heatsink, but it depends.

If you haven't overclocked it, you shouldn't be getting those temperatures even with the stock cooler. So chances are your problem is that the heatsink isn't sitting right, or you used too much thermal paste, or the airflow inside the case is obstructed. Those are all easy to fix for free.

If you've overclocked it, the stock fan...

Nothing's impossible, just highly improbable. For all I know the guy could live in Alaska and keep the windows open all night. But yes, that would be pretty low to be believable. :)

Anyway, to the OP: You might want to think about a new CPU heatsink, but it depends.

If you haven't overclocked it, you shouldn't be getting those temperatures even with the stock cooler. So chances are your problem is that the heatsink isn't sitting right, or you used too much thermal paste, or the airflow inside the case is obstructed. Those are all easy to fix for free.

If you've overclocked it, the stock fan is generally not going to do a good enough job and you'll start to see temperatures like this. So then you'd want a better cooler. Although at idle, I still don't think you should be getting those temperatures. So check for the above problems first.

Solution

tycoonguy

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Thanks taco. I will do as you and others have stated. Thanks!

p.s. It isn't overclocked, everything is stocked. And I live in Ohio, not Alaska :p I do need to move some fans around the case I think though. Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS