Check out this build for $700

rms7806

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hey guys. Got a build that i think i am going to finalize and order. Just need to make sure its all compatible and what not. DOes the graphics card/Mobo fit in the case I am getting? Also Im using this PC for a little gaming with BF3 and Crysis but I'm not an avid gamer so Im not looking for the top of the line graphics card, just something that will allow me to play some shooters with no lag.

Also one question I had, since I am a first time builder, when drives come 'bare' this means that there are no wires that come with it right? So what additional connectors or wires will I need to build this setup?

PC Part picker list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8EzQ

CPU: Intel i5 2500K
GPU: XFX Radeon 6870 1GB
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 7200 rpm
PSU: OCZ 600W ATX 12V
Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion
RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V LX
Optical drive: Sony AD DVD/CD Writer

Total: $690

I had some questions about this build, mainly questions about compatibility. Is the PSU powerful enough for my system? What is bottlenecking and will it occur with this build? Also, should I wait a couple of weeks to order to see a price drop?

Thanks a bunch.

rms7806

Honorable
May 13, 2012

The CPU is about 30 dollars less at microcenter and I happen to be lucky enough to go pick it up at the store. However if you combine any cpu and mobo or hdd and drive on newegg then you can get a discount? Thats nice..

oh if your going the micro center way, then go for it. i usually make the assumption that its not there

still, could save a tiny bit with a hdd+ dvd/cd drive combo,, unless your getting a special deal on that too