40inch monitor (safe)

Deeppuddle

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Hi

This maybe a dumb question..

Sadly my samsung t240 died:(

so i was thinking.....that If i hook my PC up to my HD 40 inch screen for gaming will it over heat my GPU/CPU? (using native res).

Some would say yes it is, but then some dont take into account that not everyone is comfortable doing anything remotly out of the usual with technology ;)

It will make no difference to how your hardware works. Don know what the resolution of either display is but chances are it will actually end up being easier for it.
Size in this instance means nothing. A higher resolution would make a difference (but that's a whole different conversation) no difference size or resolution will over heat your CPU or GPU.

Mactronix :)

Deeppuddle

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Thanks for the quick helpful replys :)

I will give it a go then.. (the res i will be using on the 40 inch will be 1080...)

Thanks again!

Your T240 was 1920 x 1200 which in reality was higher than your 40 in which is 1920 x 1080.
Text will not look great, but graphics should be fine (ie Movies, TV and games).
Internet and text type programs - not as clear.

I'v gone from Samsung T240HD (monitor/HTDV) -> P2770 HD (also monitor/HDTV) -> samsung 32 In 1080 P LED 120 hz.

Deeppuddle

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Got it connected now..heh..i'm liking it :)

Aye the res is lower than on my T240, but the text is still good enough..

One last question... i hooked up my GPU (550ti) via the HDMI and to a spare HDMI slot on the tv..

The manual on my TV (Sony ex503.40) states plug the PC to the 15pin vga socket...

Is it safe to hook it up as i have? or should i use the VGA on the tv?