I7 2600

i7 processor 2600 vs intel xeon E5606 which one is a more processing power
8 answers Last reply
More about 2600
  1. They're typically used in very different applications (ie. server or desktop machine) so a direct comparison does't always fit.

    What do you want it for?
  2. the Xeon's will always have more processing power for server based stuff.
  3. As others have asked, what do you plan to do with it?
  4. It doesn't really matter what you're doing with it. The 2600 has the most "processing power", by far.

    2600: 4 Cores/8 Threads @ 3.4 Ghz Sandy Bridge (Second Gen Core)

    E5606: 4 Cores/4 Threads @ 2.13 Ghz Nehalem/Westmere-EP (First gen Core)

    VERY clear advantage to the 2600 there.

    The Xeon only makes sense in a server application where failures absolutely cannot happen.
  5. DJDeCiBeL said:
    It doesn't really matter what you're doing with it. The 2600 has the most "processing power", by far.

    2600: 4 Cores/8 Threads @ 3.4 Ghz Sandy Bridge (Second Gen Core)

    E5606: 4 Cores/4 Threads @ 2.13 Ghz Nehalem/Westmere-EP (First gen Core)

    VERY clear advantage to the 2600 there.

    The Xeon only makes sense in a server application where failures absolutely cannot happen.



    Which is why we asked what he's doing with it. The other benefit you forgot to mention with the E5606 is the ability to use it in a multi-socket system.
  6. sk1939 said:
    Which is why we asked what he's doing with it. The other benefit you forgot to mention with the E5606 is the ability to use it in a multi-socket system.


    That's true, but he only asked "which one is a more processing power" (not the best grammar, but a direct quote, nonetheless).

    That's an easy answer.

    IF he wanted to use one of the 2 in a multi proc stystem, then obviously, the Xeon is a no-brainer because there isn't any other choice (Xeon's only, I mean).

    Edit: Although I would strongly advise against using an older (slow, at that) Xeon for that purpose.
  7. DJDeCiBeL said:
    That's true, but he only asked "which one is a more processing power" (not the best grammar, but a direct quote, nonetheless).

    That's an easy answer.

    IF he wanted to use one of the 2 in a multi proc stystem, then obviously, the Xeon is a no-brainer because there isn't any other choice (Xeon's only, I mean).

    Edit: Although I would strongly advise against using an older (slow, at that) Xeon for that purpose.


    Agreed, although it would still be nice to know what he wants it for.
  8. i7-2600, but a server Xeon for the same price will be the best choice!
Ask a new question

Read More

Xeon Intel i7 Processors Power Intel Components Product