New build compatibility

Hi I am putting together a first time budget build and was wondering if the following parts were compatible? (Parts without brands I have not completely decided on.)

CPU: Intel i7 2600 3.40Ghz (Sandy bridge)

Mobo: Intel H77

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333-1600Mhz

HDD: 1TB WD or Seagate

Graphics: 1GB Nvidia GeForce GTX560

PSU: 620W

My main concern is the CPU/mobo/Graphics compatibility. Will the GTX560 work with the H77 Mobo? Or will I have to upgrade to Z77?
6 answers Last reply
More about build compatibility
  1. it should work fine.
  2. get seagate drives with 64mb of cache. they are better.

also i recommend getting a ivy bridge i7 3770
  3. Am I right in saying that bigger cache generally means faster response time? I heard that ivy bridge has issues with overheating or getting hot really quickly so I didn't think I should get it. Although I'm not planning on overclocking yet so will it be negligible?
  4. Mitchell612 said:
    Am I right in saying that bigger cache generally means faster response time? I heard that ivy bridge has issues with overheating or getting hot really quickly so I didn't think I should get it. Although I'm not planning on overclocking yet so will it be negligible?

heat is not an issue when you have a decent cooler like H100 or antec kuhler series but they will cost you a little a higher, i5 3570k is now ultimate solution for games as well as for editing etc, but i7 3770k is more better in editind,rendering etc.
    i5 3570k with hyper 212 evo = 4.3ghz

but as you clearly mention not planning for overclocking then you listed component is way better.
  5. Thanks heaps
  6. the more cache the faster the drive it is.

iv bridge is the same as sandy until you overclock it above 4.2ghz or when you start raising voltages
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Compatibility New Build Systems