Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will These Be Compatible??

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 22, 2012 9:52:14 AM

Im thinking about building a desktop and would like to know if these parts will work together, if they do not please make suggestions of a new part. Also if i could make this build better without spending more that 50 dollars more that would be good, and all parts are from http://pccasegear.com and i would prefer them to come from there.
I also would like to know if this will run BF3 and what GFX settings.

PC Build From PC CASE GEAR


CASE____________NZXT Guardian 921RB Red LED $85.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

MOTHERBOARD_____Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 Motherboard $99.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

CPU_____________AMD FX-8120 8-Core Processor $185.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

(UPDATED) MEMORY__________G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9Q-16GBXL (4x4GB) DDR3 $95.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

GFX CARD________HIS Radeon HD7850 2GB $265.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

OPTICAL DRIVE___Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW OEM $25.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

HDD_____________Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003 $99.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

POWER___________Thermaltake Litepower 700W $77.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

NETWORKING______ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIe Adaptor $45.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

OS______________Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM $99.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

$1078

More about : compatible

May 22, 2012 10:46:44 AM

better off going with i5.
m
0
l
May 22, 2012 11:17:41 AM

You're buying a triple channel kit to use in a dual channel motherboard, so either find a different kit or you'll have to use 2 out of the 3 sticks.

Otherwise to answer your question, yes it's all compatible.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 22, 2012 11:56:22 AM

so im guessing everything will fit in the case and should work well... ok thanks, i chose this dual channel http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9Q-16GBXL (4x4GB) DDR3

about the i5 idea, it will cost me aroud 30 - 40 dollars more and ill have to change the motherboard... all i need is for this processor to run bf3, skyrim, mw3 and other modern games on the highest
If there are any other tweaks that wont cost too much more that will be great.

Thanks
m
0
l
May 22, 2012 12:39:07 PM

General-NOH said:
so im guessing everything will fit in the case and should work well... ok thanks, i chose this dual channel http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9Q-16GBXL (4x4GB) DDR3

And do you think i should get an i5 like the guy said? oor is he just fanboy and if i do will the motherboard need changing...
If there are any other tweaks that wont cost too much more that will be great.

Thanks


I think xtreme5 was just making a direct comparison between prices, the i5 is similar in price. Is there any reason you want an 8 core CPU? It's great to have all the cores but depends what you're using it for.

You could go with an i5, you would need to change the motherboard, but your choice is perfectly fine as well. It's your decision at the end of the day.

That RAM looks good. They sell RAM in kits of single, dual, triple and quad channel. Obviously you need one stick for single, two for dual and so on. Computers just work better when all components are matched.







m
0
l
May 22, 2012 12:48:49 PM

graemevermeulen said:
I think xtreme5 was just making a direct comparison between prices, the i5 is similar in price. Is there any reason you want an 8 core CPU? It's great to have all the cores but depends what you're using it for.

You could go with an i5, you would need to change the motherboard, but your choice is perfectly fine as well. It's your decision at the end of the day.

That RAM looks good. They sell RAM in kits of single, dual, triple and quad channel. Obviously you need one stick for single, two for dual and so on. Computers just work better when all components are matched.


Yeah i think ill look around a bit more, 8 cores is a bit overkill it might be used in video editing but not so much gaming unless i can get the game to use all the cores... ther was an i5 2500k for 240 dollars and if i can find a similar motherboard to the one i have but instead has socket 1155 ill be lauging, all i want is a pc that will run all the modern games like bf3 and skyrim on high - ultra....

i think my graphics card is ok for now. the 7850 up in the top amd graphics, i was looking at maybe a 560 or even sli some 550 ti but price wise this one will be better, maybe if i change my motherboard slightly now i could buy another 7850 and crossfire them.

The only thing im worried aabout is the case... will it fit everything fine and will suit my needs...
m
0
l
May 22, 2012 12:55:34 PM

The case is big enough for CrossfireX, and has good airflow so no worries there.

You could do an i5, which would be better for gaming and pair it with a 7850 and yes you will be laughing. With regards to SLI it's generally better to buy the fastest single card you can afford, then you have more headroom to upgrade in future.

The 8 core is overkill for gaming, as most games don't really even use more than 2 cores. You could either look at an i5 or a different AMD for less cash, then maybe put that cash towards a better GPU.

Do you have a set budget?
m
0
l
May 22, 2012 4:38:48 PM

that's what i'm was trying to say??
m
0
l
May 22, 2012 5:53:25 PM

Remember, CrossFire and SLI, if supported at all, are not going to work very well on a AMD 970 Chipset. It has a significantly reduced number of PCIe Lanes. If expandability into a dual card setup is something you're interested in, I'd go with a 990X or 990FX. ASRock and ECS both have affordable boards based on those chips.

-Edit- Woops, looks like I spoke too soon. While the majority of 970 boards only offer an X4 Second PCIe Slot, there are two on Newegg that do offer a full 16/8 setup or 8/8.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
May 22, 2012 8:24:55 PM

Xenturion said:
Remember, CrossFire and SLI, if supported at all, are not going to work very well on a AMD 970 Chipset. It has a significantly reduced number of PCIe Lanes. If expandability into a dual card setup is something you're interested in, I'd go with a 990X or 990FX. ASRock and ECS both have affordable boards based on those chips.

-Edit- Woops, looks like I spoke too soon. While the majority of 970 boards only offer an X4 Second PCIe Slot, there are two on Newegg that do offer a full 16/8 setup or 8/8.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


I was looking at an asrock, they seem to be pretty popular in homebuilds i see pretty cheap too. ill go with that asrock intstead, only 10 dollars more than the one i originally picked.

Or i could get this ASRock 990FX which is only $40 more http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

My budget for the pc itself is probably around $1200 - 1250 not including screen and m&k

And if i want an i5 instead will this work?
ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Motherboard $149.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Intel Core i5 2500K $229.00
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

And someone i talked to said a new power supply and HDD would be good too
m
0
l
!