What P!sses Me Off Most Here At TH-UK

When somebody makes a posting asking if this and that is ok for a build and it is assumed that they are from North America.

Before you post a reply, listing half a page of stuff from Newegg, think about the fact that we in Europe can't order stuff.

I know it should be the OP responsibility to make this clear, but come on, surely you can recommend without going into $$ mode @ Newegg. :whistle:

If someone suggests an Intel Core i5-3570 or Corsair TX650 V2 650W and happens to list those items @ NewEgg there isn't any reason a person can't locate similar parts in their own currency - what ever that happens to be.

It's 'dollars to donuts' that if a person makes recommendations in USD or GBP that the OP will be needing his prices in INR or MYR.

It has been brought up before that peoples location would be a good thing to display! Some posters tell us where they are shopping by simply listing their budget in their currency or what country but they are few and far between. It is as more the posters fault than the person trying to help them since this is an international forum.
I have pretty much answered to hundreds of posts with Newegg listings to people from every continent because their location is neither specified in their profile (belief me I check) nor in their post!

Surely the most important thing here is the advice given by posters as to a suitable product. If they then recommend Newegg as the site to see that product, readers outside the US can figure out for themselves where to buy that product.

I sometimes point to products on e-Bay (not my own sales, I hasten to add) but only for the purpose of showcasing that producct type. I then assume the reader has the sense to buy the same product from a local source.

G

From what I have seen within the forums. I do not believe these machines are ever built. 1 or 2 out of ten may follow up or start a new thread with obvious purchased gear, but for the most part - trolls.
If I or others I know want to spend money on gear, we (re)search every part and learn about those parts. Ultimately, creating a computer that is well balanced and suited for application. My point is this; I have never known anyone or ever spoke to anyone that posted on a forum how to spend their money and then blindly said "okay, i`ll do it". Just seems ridiculous for the most part.
It was suggested I think of this site as an open court. All are welcome and all can post whatever they want. Apparently this makes the site really good... i.e. I could rant here about trolls, kids, and people with more money than sense.

Enjoy!