Laptop background

Hi all,

Just got an Acer laptop. When it starts , I get two or three Acer
backgrounds before the welcome screen. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Thanks,
Alice
5 answers Last reply
More about laptop background

    "Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Just got an Acer laptop. When it starts , I get two or three Acer
    >backgrounds before the welcome screen. Is there a way to get rid of them?

    Usually no. They are hard-coded in in the BIOS.

    --
    (tm)

    Thanks Thorsten,

    I guess I'll just go and get a cup of coffee while it is starting up...

    Thanks again,
    Alice

    They may be the BIOS images that you see first, after that they are sometimes
    removable by chaging this reg key:

    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper

    to (None)

    "Alice" wrote:

    > Thanks Thorsten,
    >
    > I guess I'll just go and get a cup of coffee while it is starting up...
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Alice

    Hi Alice,

    Uncheck it via the BIOS. Simple and easy to do.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just got an Acer laptop. When it starts , I get two or three Acer
    > backgrounds before the welcome screen. Is there a way to get rid of them?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Alice

    Had similar 'problem' with a PackardBell Easynote. I cleaned the h/disk off
    and installed my own software and the 'welcome' screens were gone. There was
    no option in the BIOS to remove PackardBell's screens. I used BootitNG to
    'clean' and reformat (and partition) the drive.
    > Hi Alice,
    >
    > Uncheck it via the BIOS. Simple and easy to do.
    >
    > --
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Just got an Acer laptop. When it starts , I get two or three Acer
    >> backgrounds before the welcome screen. Is there a way to get rid of
    >> them?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Alice

Configuration Laptops Acer Customization Windows XP