Laptop background

January 6, 2005 9:53:55 PM

Hi all,

Just got an Acer laptop. When it starts , I get two or three Acer
backgrounds before the welcome screen. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Thanks,
Alice

More about : laptop background

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 7, 2005 12:45:45 AM

"Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Just got an Acer laptop. When it starts , I get two or three Acer
>backgrounds before the welcome screen. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Usually no. They are hard-coded in in the BIOS.

--
(tm)
January 7, 2005 2:24:48 AM

Thanks Thorsten,

I guess I'll just go and get a cup of coffee while it is starting up...

Thanks again,
Alice
a b D Laptop
January 7, 2005 2:24:49 AM

They may be the BIOS images that you see first, after that they are sometimes
removable by chaging this reg key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper

to (None)

"Alice" wrote:

> Thanks Thorsten,
>
> I guess I'll just go and get a cup of coffee while it is starting up...
>
> Thanks again,
> Alice

January 7, 2005 3:45:40 AM

Hi Alice,

Uncheck it via the BIOS. Simple and easy to do.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Just got an Acer laptop. When it starts , I get two or three Acer
> backgrounds before the welcome screen. Is there a way to get rid of them?
>
> Thanks,
> Alice

January 9, 2005 10:00:51 PM

Had similar 'problem' with a PackardBell Easynote. I cleaned the h/disk off
and installed my own software and the 'welcome' screens were gone. There was
no option in the BIOS to remove PackardBell's screens. I used BootitNG to
'clean' and reformat (and partition) the drive.

!