Sony P200 - Should I choose Silver or Black color?

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 11, 2005 1:31:27 PM

For any owners of Sony P200, which color would you choose?
It comes in Silver, Black and Red.
I saw it in the Silver version in person at Best Buy. I only saw other
colors online. Black looks kind of cool online, but I wonder if the
black coating is as durable as the classic silver color and whether
black looks as good in real life as on pictures.

Any opinions and information on this?

Thanks!
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 4:53:53 PM

success_ny@yahoo.com wrote:
> For any owners of Sony P200, which color would you choose?
> It comes in Silver, Black and Red.
> I saw it in the Silver version in person at Best Buy. I only saw other
> colors online. Black looks kind of cool online, but I wonder if the
> black coating is as durable as the classic silver color and whether
> black looks as good in real life as on pictures.
>
> Any opinions and information on this?

I have a silver one mainly because in February when I bought it that was
the only color available. I would choose black because to me it makes
the camera less noticeable. That can put the people you are shooting at
ease or maybe they won't notice that you have a camera. I would bet the
color is anodized on the aluminum body so it likely won't come off
unless it continuously rubs against something that is fairly abrasive.
!