Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

6850's in crossfire or a single gtx 570?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 21, 2012 9:17:23 PM

the title says it all what will give me the BEST performance for the price?

in case you forgot:

2 6850s in crossfire or a single 570 (both at stock speeds)

My rig:

CPU: Intel i5 2500k stock clock
MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Monitor: ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms Full HD Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000 :1
Ram: 4Gb x2 at 1600
Psu 750watt 62 amps on the 12v rail
case: coolermaster haf 932 advanced
a c 92 U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 9:42:38 PM

the 6850s are faster but the 570 will give you less trouble.

single cards don't have as much problems with drivers and such.

you might also consider a single 7870 or 7850 for about the same performance.
March 21, 2012 9:43:04 PM

I think the 6850 in xfire will yield more frames but you'd be dealing with a dual card config so you might run into the generic issues with that sort of setup (micro stuttering, games being incompatible with xfire, etc..)
If I were you I would get the single card solution if the prices were the same and I wouldn't even consider the dual card solution if the gtx 570 is cheaper. That's my two cents
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 9:55:01 PM

I don't see how their mug is worth anywhere near 40$.. :p 
March 21, 2012 9:57:07 PM

gary1 said:
I don't see how their mug is worth anywhere near 40$.. :p 


XD i only have a $330 limit for the card
March 21, 2012 9:57:36 PM

gary1 said:
I don't see how their mug is worth anywhere near 40$.. :p 


It's any ASUS mug that we're talking about here :p 

jjd712 said:
XD i only have a $330 limit for the card


Why not go for an EVGA card with AR in the sku? I've only heard good things about EVGA and their customer service.
Or you could look into the MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 9:59:19 PM

Yeah... Anyways, I would actually get a GTX 580.. 380, only 60$ more. :) 

It'll beast the 570, if you're gonna run a single card.
March 21, 2012 10:03:05 PM

Yeah i can't afford the 580 and is there really any major difference between the evga models and asus models?
March 21, 2012 10:05:13 PM

jjd712 said:
Yeah i can't afford the 580 and is there really any major difference between the evga models and asus models?


The ASUS model you linked is freakin tank. 3 slots bound to do some bad things to your mobo :o  I would only get it if I knew the cooling was FAR SUPERIOR to all the other coolers.
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 10:06:09 PM

If you get the HAF 922 (the HAF 932 is O V E R K I L L ) :) 

That'll save you 60$.. Just saying.. heh.
March 21, 2012 10:07:40 PM

nubsauce101 said:
The ASUS model you linked is freakin tank. 3 slots bound to do some bad things to your mobo :o  I would only get it if I knew the cooling was FAR SUPERIOR to all the other coolers.


Yeah the 3 slots was the main thing i was worrying about.


Then would this be a better choice?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
March 21, 2012 10:10:09 PM

jjd712 said:
Yeah the 3 slots was the main thing i was worrying about.


Then would this be a better choice?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


That's a fine choice. There's also the one with the blower style fan. Those blow most if not all the air right out the back of your case but they can get noisy.
In the end its all about your personal preference and also how well ventilated your case is
March 21, 2012 10:14:26 PM

gary1 said:
If you get the HAF 922 (the HAF 932 is O V E R K I L L ) :) 

That'll save you 60$.. Just saying.. heh.


Hmm thats a good point. if i can fit a 580 in the 922 i think that would be a better deal.

Would this fit in the 922?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 10:16:14 PM
Share

Yeah, I'm fitting a 10.5" card in my 922 when it gets here on Friday, it is fine. It's still big. The 932 is huge. The 922 is like 80$ until today so order it today!

The Galaxy or MSI one should both be pretty good, and at 390$ it isn't bad at all.
March 21, 2012 10:18:06 PM

yeah then thats what ill do ill get the galaxy 580 and the haf 922. Thanks for the help!

Man i went from x2 6850 to a 580 XD
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 10:20:09 PM

I think it'll be better in the long run. When I bought my system yesterday, I was deciding between the 570 and 7870, but for 40$ more, I had a newer card, a more powerful card, and if you spread that out over 3-4 years, 10$ a year is not bad at all.
March 21, 2012 10:21:53 PM

jjd712 said:
yeah then thats what ill do ill get the galaxy 580 and the haf 922. Thanks for the help!

Man i went from x2 6850 to a 580 XD


Really good bang for your buck at this point in time

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
^looks nice free shipping and rebate BAM!

gary1 said:
I think it'll be better in the long run. When I bought my system yesterday, I was deciding between the 570 and 7870, but for 40$ more, I had a newer card, a more powerful card, and if you spread that out over 3-4 years, 10$ a year is not bad at all.


Three or four years?! You cray :p  In three/four years time battlefield 5 will be out and you'll need a radeon 9000 series or gtx 900 card to run it :lol: 
March 21, 2012 10:22:28 PM

Best answer selected by jjd712.
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 10:25:17 PM

nubsauce101 said:
Really good bang for your buck at this point in time

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
^looks nice free shipping and rebate BAM!



Three or four years?! You cray :p  In three/four years time battlefield 5 will be out and you'll need a radeon 9000 series or gtx 900 card to run it :lol: 


I can't afford to buy a 350-400$ card every 3 years :( 
March 21, 2012 10:38:01 PM

That rig is just begging for a GTX 570.
March 21, 2012 11:13:51 PM

PCgamer81 said:
That rig is just begging for a GTX 570.


Kind of off topic but i saw you have a Cooler Master Elite 430 how do you like it? would it beable to fit a 11.5 inch gtx 580?
April 30, 2012 2:28:36 AM

jjd712 said:
Kind of off topic but i saw you have a Cooler Master Elite 430 how do you like it? would it beable to fit a 11.5 inch gtx 580?

NO!

Don't ever go with this case. It is a rickety piece of ****. I will never recommend it to anyone. It is small and flimsy.

That is all.
May 1, 2012 9:13:48 PM

PCgamer81 said:
NO!

Don't ever go with this case. It is a rickety piece of ****. I will never recommend it to anyone. It is small and flimsy.

That is all.




Well that's good to know. Good thing i did NOT buy it.
!