Best 7.1 soundcard for a 7.1 headset?? Plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabob

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I've been building myself a dream machine and I need some advice in the sound card department. I own a pair of razer Tiamat 7.1 headphones and I am looking for the Best Possible Soundcard for them! Price is not a concern.

So far from my own research I have come between 2 cards (feel free to suggest others) which are.

HT Omega Claro +Plus 7.1
Vs
Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 2G

As far as I can tell these cards don't have the same virtual 3D headphone surround stuff that most creatove cards have. do I need to worry about that seeing as they are physically 7.1 headphones being plugged into 7.1 analog connections? I would prefer to stay away from creative labs, my last 2 builds I went with them and I was disappointed each time.

My focus is 100% gaming as I've converted my last PC into my music machine. I play mostly FPS games and I want to hear my enemies perfectly from exact locations.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Sorry to burst your bubble, but buying either of those sound cards is a joke to use with a Razer Tiamat; not trying to be rude either.

First of all, the Razer Tiamat is a gimmick, 10 drivers packed together don't offer proper sound quality and you're ears don't work that way with that many drivers pack together.

Secondly the quality of the sound drivers is compromised, meaning very cheap quality sound drivers; you can't offer 10 high quality drivers, or medium quality, for 180$ dollars.

You're much better of with a real set of cans(headphones) and virtual 3D(Dolby or CMSS-3D) paired with a good sound card like the Titanium HD or Xonar Essence ST.

When you use creative sound cards, you want to use PAX drivers...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but buying either of those sound cards is a joke to use with a Razer Tiamat; not trying to be rude either.

First of all, the Razer Tiamat is a gimmick, 10 drivers packed together don't offer proper sound quality and you're ears don't work that way with that many drivers pack together.

Secondly the quality of the sound drivers is compromised, meaning very cheap quality sound drivers; you can't offer 10 high quality drivers, or medium quality, for 180$ dollars.

You're much better of with a real set of cans(headphones) and virtual 3D(Dolby or CMSS-3D) paired with a good sound card like the Titanium HD or Xonar Essence ST.

When you use creative sound cards, you want to use PAX drivers.

http://www.paxyoursoundout.com/Home/

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.