mgrove91

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Hey there. I recently added another 560 Ti to my system and I'm running on the hot side. I'm looking into ways to bring my temps down.

Idle temps:
CPU 40
GPU1 60
GPU2 40

Load gaming temps:
CPU 55
GPU1 85
GPU2 75

Currently, my system is as follows:

Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3 Ghz
EVGA GeForce 560 Ti 1GB x2
MSI P67A-G43 Mobo
8 GB Ripjaw RAM
Antec HCG750
CoolerMaster Hyper212 Plus CPU HS/Fan
Win7 x86
Antec 300 Illusion Case

Now I already have an aftermarket CPU cooler and I've read about aftermarket GPU coolers, but I don't want to run the risk of messing a card up or something. I've been told to look into new cases and I've heard good things about the newer Coolermaster cases, but I want to be sure I'm looking in the right area.

Does anyone have any easier solutions than getting a new case? I wouldn't mind putting the cash out for one if I was sure that it would result in better airflow. Unfortunately my motherboard leaves only about a 2inch gap between the two GPUs.

Solution
a new case won't really fix it. The problem is that the slots on your mobo are a bit too close together and your top card is getting it's airflow blocked.
Test the temps with the case open. If temps go down much, then you should work on case airflow.
You could also attach one of your case fans to the top of the cards to force more air in. Zip ties would do the trick.
Can you post a picture of your setup or, if you can't do that, a link the exact gpu model?

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
a new case won't really fix it. The problem is that the slots on your mobo are a bit too close together and your top card is getting it's airflow blocked.
Test the temps with the case open. If temps go down much, then you should work on case airflow.
You could also attach one of your case fans to the top of the cards to force more air in. Zip ties would do the trick.
Can you post a picture of your setup or, if you can't do that, a link the exact gpu model?

Solution

kcsmacker

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

I agree with these suggestions. If your computer runs cooler with the side off then yes a new case could help. I looked up your case and its is OK on airflow. The top of the case only has one fan for output and the side fan is small. The front fans are nice but Like the previous poster said, please post us some picks of your case. please see if temps cool off with the side off before posting so we can kill two birds with one stone.