Sign in with
Your question

Need AMD mount for Zalman CNPS9000

Last response: in Components
September 12, 2012 7:41:23 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm currently in the process of buying components for a selfbuild HTPC system - I'm going to go
down the AMD A8 road, have purchased the Mobo, 3870k CPU, PSU, SSD and HDs.........

A friend very kindly gave me a Zalman CNPS9000 CPU cooler but he only had the Intel 1366 mount for it, I've trawled through the web looking for an AM2,or 3 mount but everythings' discontinued :cry: 

Would any of you kind and knowledgeable people know where I might source such a mounting bracket, thus saving me some hard earned cash that I might invest elsewhere in my build???

Thanks to the community in advance - also, if anyone wants the 1366 mount, you're more than welcome to it.
September 12, 2012 11:56:08 PM

Hi :) 

Ebay ???

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
September 13, 2012 3:29:09 AM

Thanks for your help guys,

@ Brett: Ive tried eBay, newegg, scan, overclockers, dabs, elara, komplett etc etc.
Cant seem to find the kit anywhere.

@Scout: Thanks for the link - it says that its discontinued but I mailed their sales rep anyway hoping she might point me in the right direction.

My only real hope is that someone has one spare and will sell it to me....
October 10, 2012 2:11:36 AM

thetoffeepop said:
Hi Guys,

I'm currently in the process of buying components for a selfbuild HTPC system - I'm going to go
down the AMD A8 road, have purchased the Mobo, 3870k CPU, PSU, SSD and HDs.........

A friend very kindly gave me a Zalman CNPS9000 CPU cooler but he only had the Intel 1366 mount for it, I've trawled through the web looking for an AM2,or 3 mount but everythings' discontinued :cry: 

Would any of you kind and knowledgeable people know where I might source such a mounting bracket, thus saving me some hard earned cash that I might invest elsewhere in my build???

Thanks to the community in advance - also, if anyone wants the 1366 mount, you're more than welcome to it.

Reply: So you have the INTEL mount and I have the AMD mount for the same Zalman. Wanna swap?
howeywood@hotmail.com
!