Sign in with
Your question

CPU or MOBO?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Benchmark
Last response: in CPUs
September 12, 2012 9:53:37 PM

Hello, I have a asus m4a785-m board with amd athlon 2 cpu and it worked great for months. Now it wont post wont beep or display anything. I have it on the bench (bench test) I have the buzzer plugged in and 1 stick of ram. Tried another bigger psu (brand new). How can I tell if the board is done or if the cpu is done?
Thanks for any help.

More about : cpu mobo

a b à CPUs
September 12, 2012 10:07:49 PM

Hi :) 

By subsitiution... another board to try cpu (might blow it) and another cpu to try in board (might blow that too)

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
September 12, 2012 10:26:51 PM

Thanks, see thats my problem, I dont have another board nor another cpu. Is there no other way to test diagnostics between the two? I dont want to go buy another cpu only to find it was the board...at the same time, I dont want to buy another board to find it was the cpu...no other tests?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 12, 2012 10:44:11 PM

maxxxxx1 said:
Thanks, see thats my problem, I dont have another board nor another cpu. Is there no other way to test diagnostics between the two? I dont want to go buy another cpu only to find it was the board...at the same time, I dont want to buy another board to find it was the cpu...no other tests?

Hi :) 

No other tests...... and its risky whichever way you do it...

We have test motherboards and cpus and we regularly blow them....bin time...

All I can suggest is that in around 80 to 90% of cases . its the mobo...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
September 13, 2012 1:04:43 AM

Ok, Thanks....I'll start with a new mobo.
m
l
!