Sign in with
Your question

Humming/Grinding Noise in Acer Aspire

Last response: in CPUs
September 12, 2012 11:24:47 PM

Hello,
I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 7750g-6458 and have had no issues except for a grinding/humming noise coming from the upper/middle far left side where the fan and hot air expels from. This noise happens when I am scrolling down an internet page either by wireless mouse or built in mouse and playing computer games. The strange thing is when I unplug my charger, the noises cease to happen even on a high performance setting gaming. As soon as I plug in the charger again the noises start up in the situations I mentioned above. I have the laptop on a cooling pad and the issue is still there. I was wondering if it might be the fan or maybe a coil whine. When not charging I still feel air being expelled from the side, just not as strongly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
a b à CPUs
September 12, 2012 11:32:59 PM

Hi :) 

Blow it out with a can of compressed air...

All the best Brett :) 
September 13, 2012 1:25:52 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Brett, I just got done thoroughly cleaning out with compressed air, a lot of dust came out but the noise persists when scrolling down a page and gaming while on charge. Any ideas?
a b à CPUs
September 13, 2012 5:05:44 PM

TrentW9 said:
Thanks for the suggestion Brett, I just got done thoroughly cleaning out with compressed air, a lot of dust came out but the noise persists when scrolling down a page and gaming while on charge. Any ideas?

Hi:) 

Its new fan time then...

All the best Brett :) 
!