Opening Programs

Used to be when I clicked on a Program it automatically opened that program.
Now, when I click on certain programs my computer open the "Search" field.
How do I go back to automatically opening a program when I click on it
instead of getting the Search field? Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about opening programs

    Fixes the problem where Search or Command Prompt opens
    when double clicking a folder © Doug Knox
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:DAE25A5F-6737-43F8-A63F-FFA5A3225DA5@microsoft.com,
    twivster <twivster@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Used to be when I clicked on a Program it automatically opened that
    > program. Now, when I click on certain programs my computer open the
    > "Search" field. How do I go back to automatically opening a program
    > when I click on it instead of getting the Search field? Thanks.

    This comes from dabbling within the folder properties, via File Types. To
    correct:

    Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP