Opening Programs

January 6, 2005 5:11:07 PM

Used to be when I clicked on a Program it automatically opened that program.
Now, when I click on certain programs my computer open the "Search" field.
How do I go back to automatically opening a program when I click on it
instead of getting the Search field? Thanks.

More about : opening programs

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 9:25:32 PM

Fixes the problem where Search or Command Prompt opens
when double clicking a folder © Doug Knox
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open....

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:D AE25A5F-6737-43F8-A63F-FFA5A3225DA5@microsoft.com,
twivster <twivster@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Used to be when I clicked on a Program it automatically opened that
> program. Now, when I click on certain programs my computer open the
> "Search" field. How do I go back to automatically opening a program
> when I click on it instead of getting the Search field? Thanks.
January 7, 2005 3:32:28 AM

This comes from dabbling within the folder properties, via File Types. To
correct:

Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP