elclassicco

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Hello guys,

I have a problem and I want to see what you advice me in this case. We have a Home Storage Center MD-253 with two 2TB hard disks formatted Raid 1. We connected this NAS to main router and we gave it a name, and of course DHCP server assigned it an IP address. The problem is that everyday we have to reset/restart manually the NAS because we can't access it anymore. It does answer to ping but we can't access folders we created.

One of IT guys told us that this model of NAS doesn't support Active Directory and that's why we have this problem. Ok, so in this case I was thinking at something else: I have a desktop which running Windows 2003 Server and I have physically access to it. What I want to do is attach another network card and connect the NAS to it. In this case I can provide an IP static to NAS.

What are you thinking about this? Is it functional my alternative or not? If the alternative is ok how much resources consumes NAS in this case? Could majorly affect somehow my Win2003 Server functionality?

Desktop configuration running Win2003 Server OS:

- Intel Core 2 6300 (1.86Ghz)
- 3 GB RAM

I appreciate any advice from you and hope to be ok my solution because this bothers me from some time.