taskbar problem

My taskbar will not resize. It is not locked. I can move it to the side and
back but it will not reduce to under an inch wide. Have switched to classic
view & back and have changed resolution all to no avail. I can make it bigger
but not smaller. I run adaware and spybot religiously. No problems there.
Need help.
Thanks!
FS
3 answers Last reply
More about taskbar problem

    Just a thought... do you have any toolbars loaded in the taskbar, such as the
    language toolbar, quick launch etc? If so have you tried removing them to see
    what happens?

    "FS" wrote:

    > My taskbar will not resize. It is not locked. I can move it to the side and
    > back but it will not reduce to under an inch wide. Have switched to classic
    > view & back and have changed resolution all to no avail. I can make it bigger
    > but not smaller. I run adaware and spybot religiously. No problems there.
    > Need help.
    > Thanks!
    > FS

    Depends.....

    Start with line 164:

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "FS" <FS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My taskbar will not resize. It is not locked. I can move it to the side
    > and
    > back but it will not reduce to under an inch wide. Have switched to
    > classic
    > view & back and have changed resolution all to no avail. I can make it
    > bigger
    > but not smaller. I run adaware and spybot religiously. No problems there.
    > Need help.
    > Thanks!
    > FS
  3. when I minimize my windows they don't go to my taskbar. Ilose what I minimized. Any suggestions?

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Customization Windows XP