Sony H1 samples - very impressed

Tags:
Last response: in Digital Camera
July 12, 2005 1:08:54 AM

On saturday I got my new DSC-H1 as a backup solution for my DSLR equipment.
Yesterday I visited the "Kaltenberger Ritterspiele" (kinda mediaval knight
tounament) with the H1. It was a very rainy day and much darker than the
images suggest.

Some og the higher and full tele shots were OOF, but when it stopped
raining the AF was fast and pecise again. So I left my 350D with the 70-200
4.0 L in the car ;-)

I was very impressed with the response of this tiny and cheap camera. See
the fighting knights riding with full speed and the splittering lances?

http://www.pbase.com/anbuccos/kaltenberg_2005

Enjoy! But please no critics yet since this was my very first shooting
without having read a single word in the manuals ;-)

Regards,
Andi

More about : sony samples impressed

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:08:55 AM

Andi,
Were nice. I was surprised how the full shot looked so much better then
the thumb print.
Paul

Andreas Buchner wrote:
> On saturday I got my new DSC-H1 as a backup solution for my DSLR equipment.
> Yesterday I visited the "Kaltenberger Ritterspiele" (kinda mediaval knight
> tounament) with the H1. It was a very rainy day and much darker than the
> images suggest.
>
> Some og the higher and full tele shots were OOF, but when it stopped
> raining the AF was fast and pecise again. So I left my 350D with the 70-200
> 4.0 L in the car ;-)
>
> I was very impressed with the response of this tiny and cheap camera. See
> the fighting knights riding with full speed and the splittering lances?
>
> http://www.pbase.com/anbuccos/kaltenberg_2005
>
> Enjoy! But please no critics yet since this was my very first shooting
> without having read a single word in the manuals ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Andi
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:17:51 AM

"Andreas Buchner" <anbucx-nus@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> On saturday I got my new DSC-H1 as a backup solution for my DSLR
> equipment.
> Yesterday I visited the "Kaltenberger Ritterspiele" (kinda mediaval knight
> tounament) with the H1. It was a very rainy day and much darker than the
> images suggest.
>
> Some og the higher and full tele shots were OOF, but when it stopped
> raining the AF was fast and pecise again. So I left my 350D with the
> 70-200
> 4.0 L in the car ;-)
>
> I was very impressed with the response of this tiny and cheap camera. See
> the fighting knights riding with full speed and the splittering lances?
>
> http://www.pbase.com/anbuccos/kaltenberg_2005
>
> Enjoy! But please no critics yet since this was my very first shooting
> without having read a single word in the manuals ;-)

I'm very impressed too ! .. Looks indeed very much like the pictures on
dpreview for this camera ..
!