Sign in with
Your question

My PC is built but monitor(s) will not have signal

Last response: in Components
September 13, 2012 3:24:58 AM

My PC that I built has all the components running but the monitor(s) won't have signal.
My Specs:
550W PSU Cooler Master
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SC
Gigabyte 990 FXA UD3
8GB RipJaw RAM
Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Case
500GB WD HDD (Green)
Samsung DVD Burner

I haven't had a change to do any BIOS due to the monitor not receiving signal.

More about : built monitor signal

September 13, 2012 11:34:06 AM

Does your Motherboard have a built in Graphics card? if it does then take your 560 out and try starting it, if it works then you have a dead Graphics card, or inactive PCI-E slot. If it doesn't, then it could be anything form bad drivers to fried chips to fried mobo all round. I had a 9600GT that wouldn't work with the drivers installed, sometimes it bluescreened, sometimes it just didn't show anything (your problem). It turned out it's PCI-E power connector was fried and it didn't have enough power. You could be dealing with quite a simple fix if it's only drivers though.
m
l
September 13, 2012 2:47:13 PM

Have you checked all your connections?
m
l
December 5, 2012 9:01:11 AM

UnlimitedBanana said:
Does your Motherboard have a built in Graphics card? if it does then take your 560 out and try starting it, if it works then you have a dead Graphics card, or inactive PCI-E slot. If it doesn't, then it could be anything form bad drivers to fried chips to fried mobo all round. I had a 9600GT that wouldn't work with the drivers installed, sometimes it bluescreened, sometimes it just didn't show anything (your problem). It turned out it's PCI-E power connector was fried and it didn't have enough power. You could be dealing with quite a simple fix if it's only drivers though.

m
l
!