Sign in with
Your question

Baffling Issue with Booting up

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 22, 2012 12:20:17 PM

Ok so I will first give you a list of the main components I am slaying with atm (yes, she is old but I love her nonetheless):

Motherboard: Asus 790FX M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU: AMD 9850 Quad Core Black Edition
Video Cards: ATI Radeon Phenom 3870 512MB GDDR4 (The 2nd Revision) x2 (Crossfire Enabled)
PSU: Corsair TX850 Enthusiast series, Bronze Certified
RAM: 1GB DDR2 PC2-6400 (by Qimonda I believe :S)

That sould be all you guys need. Before I start, I would like to note that I have already done a power requirment for all the components and the PSU is more than sufficient to handle the load.

The issue:
When I start up my computer I get the flashing red warning "YOU HAVE NOT CONNECTED ONE OF YOUR VIDEO CARD POWER CONNECTORS TO THE POWER SUPPLY. PLEASE REFER TO THE 'GETTING STARTED GUIDE' FOR PROPER HARDWARE INSTALLATION". I know you guys have seen this similar thing before bc I have read it on these very forums. However, there is a little twist to my situation.

The Baffling:
After getting the warning I went through and checked all the cables and re-checked them, started up, no fixy. Next I thought perhaps my video cards had been damaged so I went through different combinations of using one or both video cards in the different PCI-E slots, again no fixy. This led me to believe it is not an issue with my cards. Then I researched and researched and found a thread of a guy saying he had a similar issue and he could bypass the warning by doing a hard shut down (flipping the power switch on the back of his PSU) and then rebooting. I tried this and BINGO it works fine. A couple of times it has mysteriously shut down, although idk if it is a related issue.

Conclusion:
So in essence my computer works fine if I hard shutdown every time, bc if I just Start-Shutdown from the OS it brings the same issue back everytime. While it does work, it is an annoyance and not in proper running condition and I just want to get some advice to know what I should do to prevent future issues that may arise from the situation. Thank you in advance for the feedback. Love/Appreciate all the techies on here.

Sincerely,
Koby

GW2, amirite?!

More about : baffling issue booting

March 22, 2012 3:56:11 PM

Bump, I could really use some input. Thanks
m
l
March 28, 2012 11:16:27 AM

double bump...any advice?
m
l