Sign in with
Your question

Will the Radeon 7750 work with this set-up?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 22, 2012 12:39:40 PM

Here's the card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

My specs: Sandy Bridge i3-2100, 6GB DDR3 RAM, don't know how to find the mobo.

More about : radeon 7750 work set

a b U Graphics card
March 22, 2012 12:48:46 PM

Just about any dedicated video card will work with your system. Whether it makes sense in using a high end GPU with your proposed system is another topic.

What is your budget for your system?
Did you have any other special requirements for your system?
I would recommend a z68 based mobo, if you want to have the most flexibility with your system in the future, otherwise you can get by with a bit cheaper option, if needed.
m
l
March 22, 2012 1:28:03 PM

lunyone said:
Just about any dedicated video card will work with your system. Whether it makes sense in using a high end GPU with your proposed system is another topic.

What is your budget for your system?
Did you have any other special requirements for your system?
I would recommend a z68 based mobo, if you want to have the most flexibility with your system in the future, otherwise you can get by with a bit cheaper option, if needed.

No, I'm trying to find a dedicated gpu for my existing system, the specs I gave are what I'm using right now, heh.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2012 3:09:25 AM

* Well having the PSU make and model will help a lot too.
* Your mobo isn't as critical to know, but definitely helps to tailor other parts. You can either open up your case and see what the model # is that is screen printed (usually) onto the mobo or you can find the box that it came in and get the info off of it.
* I'll still need to know what your budget is for the GPU, so I can recommend the best for your $.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 23, 2012 7:49:36 AM

Here is your product specifications that I found on HP's website. It looks like a 250w PSU, so I'd recommend the 7750 (since it doesn't require any PCI-e power connectors to operate properly).

So to sum it up, you should be fine with the 7750 you list or any 7750 or a lesser GPU that doesn't require a 6 pin PCI-e power connector. Otherwise you would need to upgrade the PSU and buy a GPU too.
m
l
!