Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Too hot ??

Last response: in CPUs
September 13, 2012 8:54:56 AM

I don't quite understand the amd's fx 8150 125w processor i am using the stock cooler which came with it i'm not overclocking i have a big xcase deneb ghost+ i now have two extra fans one at top near processor extracting air and one at bottom of case inhaling air as computer is elevated i have no urgent problems yet and i have ordered the enermax cooler master ETS-T40,but why with the stock cooler going into bf3 chaotic server getting temps of around 75c so core temp 1.0 RC3 keeps telling me surely the stock cooler has been stress tested by AMD any answwers?????? :pt1cable:  :??: 

More about : hot

September 13, 2012 9:46:50 AM

madcap42 said:
I don't quite understand the amd's fx 8150 125w processor i am using the stock cooler which came with it i'm not overclocking i have a big xcase deneb ghost+ i now have two extra fans one at top near processor extracting air and one at bottom of case inhaling air as computer is elevated i have no urgent problems yet and i have ordered the enermax cooler master ETS-T40,but why with the stock cooler going into bf3 chaotic server getting temps of around 75c so core temp 1.0 RC3 keeps telling me surely the stock cooler has been stress tested by AMD any answwers?????? :pt1cable:  :??: 

am i doing something wrong? :bounce: 
a b à CPUs
September 13, 2012 11:36:28 AM

You may have ended up not placing the HSF correctly or maybe because of bad contact with the TIM.
I'd suggest trying to remove the HSF and cleaning of the TIM and using some good third party TIM in it's place.
Related resources
September 13, 2012 1:30:19 PM

alyoshka said:
You may have ended up not placing the HSF correctly or maybe because of bad contact with the TIM.
I'd suggest trying to remove the HSF and cleaning of the TIM and using some good third party TIM in it's place.

yeah ya could be right
!